Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fresh Air Intake Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure but I think the furnace type filters have electrostatic properties so they will remove more smaller stuff if this is the case. Regardless of what you use as long as it is not too restrictive is going to be an asset. In a years time I will remove the main filter for inspection, I am hoping to find a very clean one not in need of replacement then again if I'm there I may just replace anyway since it's such a pita to attain. Will definitely take photos and post when the time comes.

Reactions: mark95476
OK so it's was time to replace the cabin filter. A little over a year and 21,000 kms later. To my surprise it was not complicated like some videos show with a poorly placed torx screw that required some special tools to remove. They have changed things since it was just a single screw at the bottom holding the filter cover in place that needed to come out to swing open the door.

Filters were rather dirty meaning they were blackened but pretty decent overall and there was some larger debris which must have gotten in BEFORE I installed the pre-filter. Overall, the pre-filter is working very well.

Whiter filters are obviously the new one going to be installed.

IMG_0009.jpg