Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Freshly Superwrapped and Lowered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B5CD6FD0-4F6F-4E68-B9CC-7C962766B270.jpeg I’ve had my Model 3 for about 10 months now and I purchased superwrap and the unplugged performance Low Springs to install several months ago... finally got to it today, what do you guys think?

I used the superwrap bronze kit, and the unplugged performance off menu low springs for the AWD version.

Looks good from this shot, do you have any closeups of the rims?

How was the coating process, how many coats/finishing layer, any issues or things you'd do differently? Was there enough material provided in the kit? Did you do the entire wheel (including the inside facing the car?)

Looks good from this shot, do you have any closeups of the rims?

How was the coating process, how many coats/finishing layer, any issues or things you'd do differently? Was there enough material provided in the kit? Did you do the entire wheel (including the inside facing the car?)

Hey there Plug-n-Play,

Sorry about that, I thought my reply was sent when I attached the pictures.

The process was super straight forward. I unmounted the wheels and cleaned them thoroughly and waited they were completely dry. Then I followed the directions that are on the Superwrap Youtube channel. I bought the bronze kit and it came with a total of 7 spray cans. 3 cans of gloss black (used as undercoat), 3 cans of bronze and 1 top coat can. I masked off most of the interior barrel as they suggest on the instructions, so it wasn't painted. I only painted the outside face of the wheels. I did a total of about 12 coats, 6 of the gloss black and 6 of the bronze. Then I coated it 2-3 times in the clear topcoat.

I would highly recommend this if you want a straight forward process, and a semi stock look. I hope this info helps!

Reactions: Plug-n-Play
Have you noticed any issues since lowering the car? I'm thinking about doing the same for my P3D+ but I'm a lil hesitant because I keep hearing about "neg camber, shocks, toes, dampers, etc" and I'm not a car guy so those terms are kinda foreign to me lol

Have you noticed any issues since lowering the car? I'm thinking about doing the same for my P3D+ but I'm a lil hesitant because I keep hearing about "neg camber, shocks, toes, dampers, etc" and I'm not a car guy so those terms are kinda foreign to me lol

Hi skrtskrt.. I’ve haven’t had any issues after lowering my model 3 other then having to go super slow over speed bumps or angling the car going down driveways. The camber of the car is probably 1-2% negative. This won’t affect your performance, but your tires will have a uneven wear, so you’ll have to rotate your tires a bit more, any they will wear out faster overall. That is my experience from lowering my previous vehicles.

My vehicle is now sitting 53mm (2.1inch) lower now compared to the stock height. I believe that the p3d+ is already 10mm lower at stock version height and I think the spring options you have can lower it 30mm more. This will be a nice ride height that will look more aggressive , but also won’t be hard to adjust to if you haven’t driven lower vehicles before. I wouldn’t worry too much about all the vehicle vernacular, you’re not doing something that’s never been done and you’ll def start learning more when you start to move deeper into upgrades... because you can def nitpick all upgrades to no end. Just have fun with it! I hope this info helps you with your decision! Cheers!

Hey there Plug-n-Play,

Sorry about that, I thought my reply was sent when I attached the pictures.

The process was super straight forward. I unmounted the wheels and cleaned them thoroughly and waited they were completely dry. Then I followed the directions that are on the Superwrap Youtube channel. I bought the bronze kit and it came with a total of 7 spray cans. 3 cans of gloss black (used as undercoat), 3 cans of bronze and 1 top coat can. I masked off most of the interior barrel as they suggest on the instructions, so it wasn't painted. I only painted the outside face of the wheels. I did a total of about 12 coats, 6 of the gloss black and 6 of the bronze. Then I coated it 2-3 times in the clear topcoat.

I would highly recommend this if you want a straight forward process, and a semi stock look. I hope this info helps!
Wow! You did an awesome job! Looks Great!!!