Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Friend can't get fsd even after 100mi?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friends Tesla, I've been bragging about fsd so he finally spent the $199. Then it said he needed 100mi on autosteer but he said he's done 100s with the stock autopilot. He then drove another 100mi after opting into beta but still nothing. Any suggestions? I thought as soon as you pay for it you get it ?

My friends Tesla, I've been bragging about fsd so he finally spent the $199. Then it said he needed 100mi on autosteer but he said he's done 100s with the stock autopilot. He then drove another 100mi after opting into beta but still nothing. Any suggestions? I thought as soon as you pay for it you get it ?

There are 2 parts:

1) You get FSD pretty much instantly when you pay or rent it. There's no need to drive a distance like 100 miles. You know that the payment is good when you go to the Autopilot menu and you can slide the grey buttons into green to get your FSD functions on. You also should see in that menu a request for FSD beta.

2) FSD beta requires a request. You need to click on that request to get it. Originally, it took a passing score in Safety Score for at least 100 miles. Later on, the passing score no longer needed. There were reports that you still needed to drive 100 miles even though no scores were needed. I heard you should not need to drive any distance at all at the current.

Even though you don't have to meet any requirements other than having the FSD option, you don't get FSD Beta immediately, you have to wait for the FSD Beta build to be pushed to your car. Does your friend's car have access to WiFi? It needs to.

......Does your friend's car have access to WiFi? It needs to.
Actually this doesn't matter. If an update is available for your car the notification is pushed by cell and you have a yellow download arrow at the top of the screen and if pressed will tell you to connect to WiFi to download. This would be the only time you need to connect to WiFi. Most people that have WiFi never see this but for people like me that live in a condo (no WiFi) know this all too well.

IMG_5918.jpeg

There are 2 parts:

1) You get FSD pretty much instantly when you pay or rent it. There's no need to drive a distance like 100 miles. You know that the payment is good when you go to the Autopilot menu and you can slide the grey buttons into green to get your FSD functions on. You also should see in that menu a request for FSD beta.

2) FSD beta requires a request. You need to click on that request to get it. Originally, it took a passing score in Safety Score for at least 100 miles. Later on, the passing score no longer needed. There were reports that you still needed to drive 100 miles even though no scores were needed. I heard you should not need to drive any distance at all at the current.
Yes. Obviously pushed the button to request fsd beta but it's now been a week.

Even though you don't have to meet any requirements other than having the FSD option, you don't get FSD Beta immediately, you have to wait for the FSD Beta build to be pushed to your car. Does your friend's car have access to WiFi? It needs to.
Yes wifi connected. I just opted out of the beta. Waited an hour and opted back in. Maybe that triggers something but it says the system is up to date