Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Friends?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon, everyone.

So even though the Model S has a long way to go until it rolls off the line, I'm sold. I was just about to throw down the deposit, and I starting thinking about the waiting list priority, and the family and friends piece.

Now, I apologize if this isn't proper, and if it isn't, mods, please delete this thread, but I was wondering if there are any roadster owners out there that aren't going to use up their family and friends spots. If so, are there any owners looking for new friends?

:)

Ryan

I'm not a moderator, but I certainly don't think it's inappropriate...that said, I wouldn't be surprised if those who have extra invites are hesitant to give one away to someone they don't know either.

But hey, someone who knows the car, shows interest, looks like they'll be active in the EV/Tesla community and in promoting the car is just the kind of person I think Tesla would want to get the car early and be someone out there selling more of them!

I'm not a moderator, but I certainly don't think it's inappropriate...that said, I wouldn't be surprised if those who have extra invites are hesitant to give one away to someone they don't know either.

But hey, someone who knows the car, shows interest, looks like they'll be active in the EV/Tesla community and in promoting the car is just the kind of person I think Tesla would want to get the car early and be someone out there selling more of them!

Thanks, efusco, for the support. I do understand that someone would be hesitant, especially about someone who only has one post (now two). I do have to say that I've been following Tesla since 2006, but since I couldn't afford the Roadster, I haven't taken the plunge into the forums until now.

Either way, all is well. If someone is willing to take a leap of faith, that's good news for me, but if not, it's still good for me because eventually I'll have a Model S in my garage. :)

I'm much in the same boat, I've been drooling over the Roadster since it was just a concept. I've been following the Volt progress and am actually #13 on the "Wait/Want" list at GM-Volt.com. I've been keeping up with the Whitestar/Bluestar progress as closely as possible. And I was there ready to order as soon as the option came available for the Whitestar/Model S.

I'm fortunate to have befriended someone recently who agreed to give me a friend invite, so I hope that moves me up a few weeks, but either way I'm in the first 400 people after the friends/family invitees and current owners, so I don't think the wait will be that long.

I thought about asking for one of the 5 passes to move up. You probally want to be a few hundred cars down the line or the first 5. I know the first cars will be FULL of bugs, that is just the way this business works. The issue is how severe the bugs will be. My 04 TL had a few bugs as it was the first model year of that generation. So even Honda/Acura, which I consider the best engineering of them all, has some intro bugs. Expect the Model S to be full of them. I still ordered one anyway...