Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frimware 2020.12.10 MCU1/AP2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just go the download notification for 2020.12.10.
I have a 2017 S 75D, MCU1, AP2.0 with Enhanced Auto pilot.
I have paid for the FSD but the AP computer has not yet been switched out.
Does anyone know what, if any, updates /features the 2020.12.10 does for MCU1/AP2.0 cars?

Sure wish someone would explain who gets what.

I'm talking something like this

MS owners with Mid 2017 and earlier builds - you get nothing
Late 2017 MS - You get improved AP and maps, summon etc.
2018 MS - you get everything you hear about as long as you paid for FSD
MIII you get everything you hear about as long as you paid for FSD​

Every announcement from the mothership makes is sound like everyone gets full visualization. I've got a Oct 2017 MS build and none of these wonderful new features. Paid for FSD. On one hand I could care less about seeing things as long as FSD works. Just not sure if it ever will. Downloaded 2020.12.10 last night. I'll definitely post here if I see anything like stoplight recognition, cones etc.

Strange, have tried to install the update three times and each time it stops at 10%. Then I get another notification that a firmware update is available.
Anyone else having this happen?

My situation is the same - 2017 Model S 75D April 2017 build. Still waiting on the computer upgrade. Tried to upgrade software twice from iPhone and it failed at about 10%. I went to the car and reset the MCU and then tried to update from the car. It worked OK and is now updated. Haven't driven any where yet but not expecting any changes. I am waiting for my HW 3 upgrade and until them I am just going through the motions. Still love the car anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Nothing really new for me. No visuals no cones, traffic lights etc. Wonder when they will start rolling out the HW3 stuff? Guess it won't be a priority until FSD is rolling out. Sure irritates me that all the updates seem to be for MIII folks or at least they seem to see all the latest AP stuff. Again I don't need to see stuff if they really get FSD going.

Nothing really new for me. No visuals no cones, traffic lights etc. Wonder when they will start rolling out the HW3 stuff? Guess it won't be a priority until FSD is rolling out. Sure irritates me that all the updates seem to be for MIII folks or at least they seem to see all the latest AP stuff. Again I don't need to see stuff if they really get FSD going.
I agree that M3 is getting all the new goodies along with S Raven. Really seems unfair , especially when I already prepaid $7,000 for FSD almost 3 years ago for a car that was already at a cost of $120k. and I missed the AP2.5 by 1 month

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
2020.12.10 fixed the usb music issue on the precious one 2020.12.6.

2020.12.6. Issues Anyone?
Model 3 LR RWD on 3.0

1) The special effect that was added to brighten up the signal lights, is now seen on Youtube videos when the color red or green are present in the videos you watch.

2) It broke the set speed under "Relative Speed". I had it set to where I could drive no more than 4 miles over the speed limit. Now, that's broken because the car will only go to the exact speed limit on the maps (i'm assuming) because sometimes the speed limits vary between actual and the ones that show up in the car.

3). The car thinks school zone flashing lights as an intersection because it prompts you to either accelerate to pass it, or stops when you don't do anything.

Anyone else having these issues or more?

Just go the download notification for 2020.12.10.
I have a 2017 S 75D, MCU1, AP2.0 with Enhanced Auto pilot.
I have paid for the FSD but the AP computer has not yet been switched out.
Does anyone know what, if any, updates /features the 2020.12.10 does for MCU1/AP2.0 cars?

just had FSD (HW3) installed. 2020.12.10 was included.
MS 2017 November build MCU1

guess we need mcu2 to see stop lights?