Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From 340xi to Tesla dual motor Model 3 - mini comparo.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The funny thing is that I bought my Tesla and solar for exactly the same reasons you did. Pure economics. The environmental impact was icing on the cake The Model 3 is compelling enough even without environmental consideration! But the more I listen to Elon and the more I read, the more I value the icing ;)

That's funny because I started my EV love for the icing, but the more and more I look at Performance models I'm going to take my cake and eat it too :p

In his defense, Some Tesla owners also think the ice caps are going to melt if they are given an Infinity loaner for a day or two.

Worse, this is what GM gave me when I took my '12 Volt in for the battery reinforcement fix: 14 MPG of goodness.....with cylinder deactvation!

Attachments

• IMG_20120925_174444.jpg
    IMG_20120925_174444.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Informative
Reactions: MXWing
I walked in, identified myself, paired my phone with my new car, and started looking it over. If I had been ready to drive off, it would have taken 10 minutes. Literally. 10 minutes. I was a cash buyer with no trade in... no matter how I slice it though, fastest new car purchase I've ever done.

My Model 3 delivery was exactly this... 10 minutes!
(I've taken delivery on 2 other vehicles so was familiar, and only asked about the new Model 3 features, which was primarily regarding the monitor controls.)
It was good to go in and drive away after signing 2 or 3 signatures in such a short amount of time, but felt a little strange as well.

BAA43D91-58F7-4980-83CD-4E438195288E.jpeg I really liked my 335. Sports suspension was great. Minimal fender gap, comfortable but still handled good at auto-x and hpde track events. Some people complained but I liked the 6spd and with an ecu reflash it had a nice bump in power. It’s a shame they don’t offer a sports suspension on the xi.
I’m gonna post alittle comparison as well after I get some seat time in my p3d+

Remember, I can only make this joke as a BMW owner AND fan!

Odhn81X.jpg

Oh yeah?!!!

How do you know when someone is a Tesla owner?

Cue smug face in 3... 2... 1.. and don’t worry: They will tell you!

(Along with their referral code)

Though that would be an epic bumper sticker. Perfect for a ZL1 Corvette I bet hah.

I wonder if there is any stereotype differences between Bimmer/Audi/Mercedes drivers?

Tesla is an oddball brand because Covettes as a faction are likely homogenous. American muscle is definety homogenous.

Most Tesla drivers I observe seem to have chill mode on or carry over their Prius acceleration.

I’m 350 watt miles on my Model 3 so come at me bro lol.

Last edited:
Oh yeah?!!!

How do you know when someone is a Tesla owner?

Cue smug face in 3... 2... 1.. and don’t worry: They will tell you!

(Along with their referral code)

Though that would be an epic bumper sticker. Perfect for a ZL1 Corvette I bet hah.

I wonder if there is any stereotype differences between Bimmer/Audi/Mercedes drivers?

Tesla is an oddball brand because Covettes as a faction are likely homogenous. American muscle is definety homogenous.

Most Tesla drivers I observe seem to have chill mode on or carry over their Prius acceleration.

I’m 350 watt miles on my Model 3 so come at me bro lol.
350 Wh/mi lifetime?

Interesting about the vibration you experienced over grooved concrete. I noticed the same thin in the Turo 3 RWD I rented on both grooved concrete and a section of road near my house with a series of ripples - note: my P85+ doesn't care for this either. Interestingly, the P3d+ (20" rims) I test drove actually seemed to ride a bit better over that same stretch of local road near my house (note: I only live a few miles from the gallery so I got to take the test drive on rads I was familiar with). I wonder if the 18s introduce a bit more "bounce" to the chassis. I also don't know what the air pressure specification is for the 18s vs the 20s. For my own P85+ the specified tire pressure for the staggered 21s - 38 front and 42 rear if memory serves - is a lot lower than it is for the 19s (as a comparison).

Add me to that previous bmw or Audi sports sedan owner that has switched. Years back when I took my first test drive of a p90d model s I was sold. It made me push my car at the time m235i on the highway but it didn’t bring that smile/grin like the Tesla did. I knew I couldn’t afford that model but the moment the 3 was talked about I made sure to make it to a store to put a reservation in.

Previous cars and bike :
M235i auto
335 xdrive 6spd with sport package
325 for driving the pup around
Audi s4 6spd
Lexus is300 5spd
Honda cbrf4i

Loved driving all of those cars (maybe not the 325) but the model 3 AWD is just another level. Every time someone asks me what I think about the car and if I love it, I just say it’s better than anything I’ve ever owned or possibly driven. Some Porsches on the track did make me smile as well. Made me realize why old guys buy them. :p

But that’s comparing a track drive vs city driving.

How many miles on the 3? 350wh/mi has got to be tough to maintain, I'm at 272wh/mi and I drive like I stole it 90% of the time.

Only 600, not too much. What tires? The 20 inch ones are terrible. :)

The alternative EVs are really going to be no go for me. Without frictionless fast charging range is going to be half gone backing out of my driveway with the iPace, Etron, etc.

Talk about anxiety.

I heard a Irvine - Vegas run should stop at Yermo. I think adding a Santa Ana stop would be playing it safe. ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: LargeHamCollider