Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From Love to Hate in one Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, emergency charging stop for 90 minutes with a pissed off wife.
Every minute of a late night 17 minute (notice I still remember the exact duration) charging stop in my Bolt during a recent road trip was bad with a ticked wife next to me..... couldn't imagine 90 minutes. Time must have felt like it stopped.

bro, you missed a Wonderful opportunity to not only use the charging time, but making your wife happy at the same time....

Has it been that long since you took your wife out on one of those early dates that you delayed taking her home so you could find an excuse to park and just talk, then touch, eventually explore kissing, and ... well I do not think it progressed further with me but we did install window tint all around in out Tesla. ;)

Next time try romance when you are parked with your wife. Works wonders on your relationship and you will have a very happy wife. I am sure she will start looking forward to those charging stops....

That has been my experience anyway.

• Funny
Reactions: Evoforce
Not to take away from the fact that it should have worked or your frustration, but if it was me, I would have tested Supercharging before embarking on a trip that depends on it. And in fact, I did actually test mine, even before a road trip, to get familiar with the process and determine my expected charge rate, etc.

When I got my early 2013, there were no Superchargers in Canada, and only a few in the US. On my first Toronto to Chicago road trip, I had to stay overnight in Windsor to get enough of a L2 charge to get to the first Supercharger in Angolia IN. When I got there on fumes, I kept getting red rings and errors on multiple stalls. I was a bit freaked out. Eventually, I got it working but even getting into or out of the car would cause charging to be interrupted. I eventually completed the trip, but back in Canada Tesla Service had no way of knowing what was going on because they had no Supercharger to test on. They replaced the charge port which fixed the problem, as I discovered on my next road trip.

One thing I wonder about with the so-called "tight" port on newer cars is why the J1772 adapter, HPWC and UMC wands all fit into the port okay?

bro, you missed a Wonderful opportunity to not only use the charging time, but making your wife happy at the same time....

Has it been that long since you took your wife out on one of those early dates that you delayed taking her home so you could find an excuse to park and just talk, then touch, eventually explore kissing, and ... well I do not think it progressed further with me but we did install window tint all around in out Tesla. ;)

Next time try romance when you are parked with your wife. Works wonders on your relationship and you will have a very happy wife. I am sure she will start looking forward to those charging stops....

That has been my experience anyway.

It is no wonder that I see two little speed bumps in your picture!;)

It is no wonder that I see two little speed bumps in your picture!;)

Grandkids.... By keeping the mini Teslas it is just a little extra incentive to get them to visit more often, lol. When our son saw them he told us that it was so nice of me to buy them for the kids. I told him that I bought them for US! The kids do have lots of fun driving them around the neighborhood. Actually the younger granddaughter learned quicker and was better able to control the car than her older brother. Both LOVE driving their (Grandpa's) Tesla.