Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From Model 3 to Model Y to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My family used to be a two car family. I had a Model 3 and eventually my wife got a Model Y.

We only have a Model Y now but I am seriously itching to get the Model S. With used car prices, I can sell my Model Y with 23,000 miles for as much if not more than I paid for it.

The one thing keeping my wife from being on board is she loves the height of the Model Y for getting in and out. I can't find any good videos that compare the seat height of the Model Y to the seat height of the Model S. Does the smart suspension allow you to set the ride height to be higher when you park?

My family used to be a two car family. I had a Model 3 and eventually my wife got a Model Y.

We only have a Model Y now but I am seriously itching to get the Model S. With used car prices, I can sell my Model Y with 23,000 miles for as much if not more than I paid for it.

The one thing keeping my wife from being on board is she loves the height of the Model Y for getting in and out. I can't find any good videos that compare the seat height of the Model Y to the seat height of the Model S. Does the smart suspension allow you to set the ride height to be higher when you park?
Model Y ingress and egress is a million times better than the S.

You can adjust the S Suspension to “High” but I’m not sure if it will stay in that mode when parked. And even if it does, it’s not going to help with the ingress/egress height and angle.

Put it this way; I never have to think about getting in and out of My Y. Getting into/out of the S is always something on my mind. And I’m not old or out of shape by any stretch.

Reactions: phanone
Upvote 0
I have my car set to raise the suspension at home and at my MIL's house as she has some difficulty getting in and out. It helps but at other locations we have to do it manually for her.

I have no direct experience with MY but having parked next to one on multiple occasions, they certainly look easier for those who find low seats a challenge.

Upvote 0