Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From Orange to Chrome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

My more practical concern is that you may be literally blinding other drivers at certain times of the day as light reflects off of the car. I speak from personal experience, as my DeLorean (which had its factory brushed-stainless finish -- far from the mirror finish you have going on here) would actually hurt your eyes if you caught a look at it from the wrong angle at a certain point in the late afternoon as the sun is going down.

It was always a pleasure seeing the Orange Beast at the Scottsdale gallery (okay - the one time I saw it).

Longtime [strikethrough]fans[/strikethrough] sufferers of my posts know I don't cotton much to glitz. BUT I LIKE THAT CHROME!!!! I will personally hunt you down and slash your tires unless you change the rims whilst driving that Terminator2Mobile, however.

Now, about glare and distraction: I strongly believe and would so argue in court against anyone who tried to use that against me that as goes a reflective body, so goes a reflective window. And window glass is just as effective a bouncer of light rays as a chrome wrap.

Now: who is Justin Bieber? Did he come in 2nd in the Iditarod 3 years ago? Can't say he's a familiar name around these parts.

Here you are charging in Buckeye... :)

10505506_823507347660720_5541656481063243529_n.jpg

Wow! The membership does encompass a wide variety of tastes! Here we have the exact polar opposite of what others have done - the totally de-chromed and blacked-out/matte/satin finish. Different strokes for different folks. :biggrin: However, I have to agree with the concern of others who have raised safety issues.

The Chrome is definitely not for everyone, myself included.
Like I said before this was something that was done for fun and as a favor for a local company here in Scottsdale.
For those who think its a safety concern, tell that to all of the Chrome Milk and Gas tankers driving up and down the highways.
New Color coming soon...

- - - Updated - - -

Here you are charging in Buckeye... :)

View attachment 52675

Great Picture!

The Chrome is definitely not for everyone, myself included.
Like I said before this was something that was done for fun and as a favor for a local company here in Scottsdale.
For those who think its a safety concern, tell that to all of the Chrome Milk and Gas tankers driving up and down the highways.
New Color coming soon...

Great Picture!

You've been immortalized on the Tesla Model S Owners Arizona Facebook page! lol... next, I'd like you to please adopt me!

Both are nice. I see what's going on with the chrome, and I really like it. I'd 'say that the wheels need to be chrome as well - the tires are already black for contrast, and well, chrome wheels would "complete" the effect.

Also: "By your command" comes to mind when looking at this :biggrin:

Last edited: