Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From Orange to Chrome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first looked at it parked at the gallery I didn't like it but then out and about pics I do like it....theres a chromed out Bentley here in washington state that metropolitan detail did (and I saw it in person a few weeks ago when picking up my car and I must say...it was pretty gorgeous in person) I think it's the wheels that's throwing the complete look off....

What company did u go through, looking to have something like this done to mine :) (picking mine up Monday) and going to start looking for prices etc. mind me asking how much this typically costs? Love both colors btw, I'd love to see what it looks like in a bright green!!!

Can wraps be done in gloss? The chrome is the first I've seen that looks really "glossy". The orange (along with all the all the other colors I've seen) is flat, and I hate the flat look.

I don't know if these are done in flat because that's the trend, or the vinyl can't shine. I'd want it to look like real, high gloss paint.

I was always partial to the Audi's Imola Yellow and Nogaro Blue (although my B5 S4 was silver, because that's all I could find). I think both colors would look great on the Model S.

I have made it my mission to find the coolest color for my model S.
Orange looked pretty cool, let me know what you guys think of Chrome! In the 1 day the car has been chrome, I have probably been responsible for at least 1 fender bender :smile:

Wow. I don't care for the orange, but the chrome looks pretty amazing. Maybe not practical--surely I'd get tired of it eventually--but wow, looks cool. And I'm not an ostentatious guy...I'm not into glitzy things...but that is cool. As others have said--Cylon, Terminator, Colossus.

BTW you wrote "coolest" which did make me wonder...does it keep the car cooler, actually? Does it reflect more heat? ;-)

Orange is for sure my next colour. Planned for this coming spring. Orange with a Black TESLA application on the bottom of the doors!

I have made it my mission to find the coolest color for my model S.
Orange looked pretty cool, let me know what you guys think of Chrome! In the 1 day the car has been chrome, I have probably been responsible for at least 1 fender bender :smile:

The Chrome looks absolutely stunning. I like it a lot. It accentuates the lines and overall design very well. It even frames the nosecone in a manner that makes it seem 'right'.

I had always presumed this type of treatment on a car was illegal to be honest. Silver, gray, stainless steel, black... All of those pale in comparison to the chrome finish. Thanks for sharing it!