Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From Panamera Twin Turbo to Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the advice. I will not be ordering from Tesla. I decided to buy a Lightly used 2013 P85.

Pearl White tri-coat paint
Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Wheels
Black Leather upgraded Performance seats with Accents
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Tech Pkg
Fog Lights
Interior Illumiation Package
Sound Studio Pkg
Active Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf
Super charger Hardware
Twin Chargers
Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler
High Power Wall Charger

Full XPEL Clearbra installed and Tinting

Couldn't pass up the great deal at $87K Shipped
free to me. Now to wait for delivery and get ready for my Laser Interceptor High Power Quad installation and Bel STI-R Install. Eletrician has been called for the HPWC install. Will Post Pics and full gear install when I get the Car.

IMG_1002.jpg

I went all winter without winter tires in Seattle--no problem. Got them this year, and I'm not convinced it's worth the $4k.
They are completely different cars. Get dedicated winter tires. I did not get the pano, as I have no use for one. I did get the P85. forget twin chargers. NEMA 14-50 is all you need at home. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

A good thing, too! Those panamera's catch fire: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53509888/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/t/porsche-traveling-mph-crash-mercer-island-building/#.UoV5IJF2QVo

:wink:

Just Under 12K but car looks and drives like a brand new car. Also, Car underwent service last week and everything perfect. Newest firmware. Only thing 21" tires only have about 4K miles left on them. I'm in trouble though winter has arrived and the Tirerack order of Rial Luganos are out of stock till mid or late Jan. Now what do I do?

Couldn't pass up the great deal at $87K Shipped
free to me. Now to wait for delivery and get ready for my Laser Interceptor High Power Quad installation and Bel STI-R Install. Eletrician has been called for the HPWC install. Will Post Pics and full gear install when I get the Car.

You got a great looking car, a heck of a deal and no waiting (on production, only waiting on delivery).
Congratulations.

Best of luck with search for winter tires.

I'm coming from a Panamera TT and just put in my order for a Tesla with the following config:

Model S 85 72,400
Blue Metallic Paint 750
All Glass Panormaic Roof 2500
19” Wheels
Black Nappa Leather 1500
Obeche Wood 650
Supercharger
Tech Package 3750
Smart Suspension 2250
Parking Sensor 500
Subzero weather package 750
19” Michelin Primacy

I realize I'm going from a performance car to a non performance however I'm doing this on purpose as I never really ever fully pushed the Panamera to its limits. I was hoping to get some suggestions in configuration . First I was going sans the Panoramic Roof but doing alacantra. Now I'm think Pano Roof and go without Alacantra. What do you guys think? Also is the Subzero worth it as I live in Upstate NY? Any Advice would be helpfull.

Just so that you know Tesla is not a Non-Performance car. It out performs many of the so called performance cars.

MY two cents:

1. I'm glad you opted for the pano roof; one feature this provides that I'm not sure others have pointed out is that with it, you are provided roof rack mounts you otherwise cannot get - it was something of very significant importance to me; and

2. I disagree with Jerry about his fog light criticism - fogs + lows can be a great combo at times, so I've little issue with that.

MY two cents:

1. I'm glad you opted for the pano roof; one feature this provides that I'm not sure others have pointed out is that with it, you are provided roof rack mounts you otherwise cannot get - it was something of very significant importance to me; and

2. I disagree with Jerry about his fog light criticism - fogs + lows can be a great combo at times, so I've little issue with that.

I agree, roof racks! I actually didn't know about this til now but glad I did since that's part of my build.

i designed headlights before so I believe the fact if fog lights is.. For fog lights to work in their perfect state, it has to one.. Be mounted lower than headlights to penetrate thru the fog so the light doesn't bounce back from the fog into your eyes. Two.. The color of the fog light should be yellow so it's not the same color as the fog itself. And three, the light source shouldn't be too bright otherwise you'll be lighting up the fog n driving in a blanket of lighted up fog.

But the truth is... I like the fog lights for how it looks visually with the low beams but since I live in San Francisco near the ocean.. There is heavy fog at times n I'm wondering if there is an option to just drive with the fog lights on only to keep the low beam from lighting up the fog. But now that I think about it, the Model S uses projector style headlights that can cut thru the fog n has a distinctive "cut off" line in its light beam pattern that helps to keep light from bouncing back into your eyes from the fog.

Larry