Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From purchasing an ESA to it showing up in My Tesla: How Long?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tinm

2020 Model S LR+ Owner
May 3, 2015
New Mexico, USA
On October 7th I handed over a credit card to a service center and purchased a $4000 Tesla Extended Services Agreement for my 2013 Model S.

Here it is November 18th, and the ESA has yet to show up on my My Tesla page. Instead all I get is a button to purchase an ESA.

Last night I was contacted by another Tesla owner who a month EARLIER had purchased an ESA, and *his* My Tesla page still shows no record of the ESA being purchased.

So . . . question for owners out there: how long does it take for the ESA to show up in My Tesla? Does it ever?

(There is the possibility this relates to the state of New Mexico, which Tesla's web systems and business logic doesn't really recognize... I'm guessing it is related to this, but want to verify that owners in other states see their ESA show up quickly in My Tesla)

Swell. Maybe Tesla never got around to implementing ESA-shows-up-in-My-Tesla functionality, cuz, like, not enough years or miles had gone by and nobody'd bought an ESA yet. Maybe they forgot it was on the to-do list from like 2012.

Disappointed that I never heard back from Tesla today. The person I spoke with at 8:19am this morning took my number and said she'd be calling back soon with information and hopefully resolution, and the whole day went by and nothing. Now the weekend is here and I have this sinking feeling by Monday the company will have completely forgotten I called in the first place. I hope to be proven wrong. . .

Really, I wouldn't sweat it all that much. As long as you have proof that you bought it, and you can confirm with your service center that it's on your account, I think that's as far as you're going to get. Things like this usually end up in the HQ black hole.

I agree, it's not worthy of getting too bent out of shape over.

It's just that another owner is in the same situation as I and he recently dealt with a Ranger who told him not only was his ESA purchase not registered with his car, but the system the Ranger accessed I believe told him he couldn't get repairs/parts covered under the ESA because the system had no record of there being an ESA for the car. All that owner -- and I -- have as proof of purchase is the Service Invoice from the service center at this point. No other systems within Tesla say that our cars have ESAs.

Clock is ticking once again. Not a peep from Tesla since contacting them at 8am Friday. The lady took my number and said she'd get right back to me. Unfortunately she didn't give me her name so I have no idea who I talked to, so I will have to probably start the whole process over again. Actually I think I will call the service center today and see if they know anything. Stay tuned for an update.

Update: despite repeated assurances from Tesla that my ESA will appear in a day or so in My Tesla, here is is December 11th and still nothing showing up. Likewise other New Mexico owners who purchased ESAs as far back as September...

Well, well, well. I reported the missing ESA to the service center and got an email reply back saying, and I quote, "Try clicking the button – I believe it shows up on that screen."

So I went into My Tesla, looked at the "dashboard" (not, it turns out) where it doesn't show my ESA status but instead invites me to "sign up" for "services" which I already have paid $4000 for, and voila! Next page shows my ESA, with an expiration date of 11/30/2020. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic UI design failure right out of kindergarten-level UI design class. Allow me to memorialize this in the hopes that someone from Tesla might see and even more, do something about it:

tfail8.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: kevinf311
On October 7th I handed over a credit card to a service center and purchased a $4000 Tesla Extended Services Agreement for my 2013 Model S.

Here it is November 18th, and the ESA has yet to show up on my My Tesla page. Instead all I get is a button to purchase an ESA.

Last night I was contacted by another Tesla owner who a month EARLIER had purchased an ESA, and *his* My Tesla page still shows no record of the ESA being purchased.

So . . . question for owners out there: how long does it take for the ESA to show up in My Tesla? Does it ever?

(There is the possibility this relates to the state of New Mexico, which Tesla's web systems and business logic doesn't really recognize... I'm guessing it is related to this, but want to verify that owners in other states see their ESA show up quickly in My Tesla)

my ESA was showing up for about a year, now the Tesla page was refreshed and under Warranty all it says is 4 years / 50,000 miles. - doesn't mention the extended 2 years i purchased.

the SC's still keep asking for deductible $$$ tho

my ESA was showing up for about a year, now the Tesla page was refreshed and under Warranty all it says is 4 years / 50,000 miles. - doesn't mention the extended 2 years i purchased.

the SC's still keep asking for deductible $$$ tho

I experienced the same thing so I sent an online service request to Tesla to add my ESA to the warranty information displayed. After a long wait I received an email indicating Tesla has no record of my ESA. I forwarded back to Tesla the email and ESA attachment they sent me when I purchased it and I again asked them to add it. I am now waiting for Tesla to respond. I am still under the new car factory warranty so I am covered for now, but I thought it was a good idea to address it as early as possible.

I experienced the same thing so I sent an online service request to Tesla to add my ESA to the warranty information displayed. After a long wait I received an email indicating Tesla has no record of my ESA. I forwarded back to Tesla the email and ESA attachment they sent me when I purchased it and I again asked them to add it. I am now waiting for Tesla to respond. I am still under the new car factory warranty so I am covered for now, but I thought it was a good idea to address it as early as possible.

this company is very odd.

lucky their vehicles are super cool.

still, my nerves can't take this anymore.

i plan to try and get out of it in the next 6 months.