TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

From Silicon Valley to Death Valley in a Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by CoastalCruiser, Jun 22, 2016.

1. CoastalCruiser

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just came across this travel log of a guy who drove his MS from Silicon Valley to Death Valley. The post caught my eye because if you have ever driven to Death Valley you know that one of the biggest concerns is your <strong>car overheating</strong>. Many a cooling system has been defeated by the heat of Death Valley.

But. With an electric car. Hmm. Nice.

Click here

2. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Tesla built multiple superchargers at or near death valley, I would assume it mean Tesla cars can take the heat w/o issues.

3. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I was just in death valley last week. It was 125 degrees at the time I was there. I saw 2 Model S's during the 3 hours I was in the park, neither looked to be having any problems. Sadly I was in a rental toyota camry, as my Model S was almost 3000 miles away safely plugged in at the long term airport parking lot.

• Like x 1
  4. Owner

Owner Active Member

This was my write up. The superchargers don't make the trip perfect yet:

Charging Stations | TESLA OWNER

The problem is that once you are in the park, you may drive a lot and need to charge up again. and there is no concessionaire for those who want to top off without staying overnight with them.