TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

From Tesla Energy: "The Next Step in Energy Storage: Aggregation"

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by ecarfan, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

2. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Supporting Member

They keep announcing stuff like this yet Tesla Energy can't guarantee that I'll get my powerwalls installed by the end of the year. A local company that would like to become certified for the powerwalls can't even get Tesla Energy to return their calls.

3. nativewolf

nativewolf Member

Wish I had green mountain....

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

That is an inexpensive solution for times when the grid is down, and it aids the utility the rest of the time.
    I cannot begin to sort out the other benefits since they will be very utility dependent. If this lets Green Valley continue to offer "free" net metering it is a win-win.

5. Ampster

Ampster Member

#5 Ampster, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    This could be huge in California. Of course, as others have said, they need to get units installed or there will be nothing to aggregate. Green Mountain is a good utility to start and demonstrate it's viability.

6. miimura

miimura Active Member

I hope that Tesla comes up with a way to monetize grid services for PowerWall owners in California.

• Like x 1