Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From "Tesla Motors" to "Tesla"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
When Apple Inc. changed their name to that (or essentially 'Apple'), they did so because they felt the name 'Apple Computer' no longer reflected the breadth of their business (start of 2007). The stock rose 750% from 1/2007 to mid 2012, not because the name changed, but because the name change telegraphed the nature of their shift toward consumer electronics. They moved from being a bit player in computers to the dominant player in personal electronics. So...

...when Tesla Motors shifts their name to Tesla or Tesla Inc., I think we should all pay attention, because while they'll still be making and selling lots of ridiculously great cars, they'll be saying that they are moving in a big way into fixed storage, other forms of electric transport, large-scaled mobile computing systems, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
[...]
...when Tesla Motors shifts their name to Tesla or Tesla Inc., I think we should all pay attention, because while they'll still be making and selling lots of ridiculously great cars, they'll be saying that they are moving in a big way into fixed storage, other forms of electric transport, large-scaled mobile computing systems, etc.
I didn't see this news today on TMC yet, but came across this old thread...

@Cattledog your post was a couple years early ... but today they did it: Tesla Motors is officially changing its name

so... the real question is, when will TMC change the site name to TIC, teslaincclub.com ? :)

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX