Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From update, my Max Speed no longer follows: speed plus 10% set in the menu. It seems to change randomly to odd numbers like 72 on a 40 MPH road.

Thenar

Jul 17, 2021
98329 Gig Harbor, WA
As I go into FSD mode I depend on the Max speed to keep my at a reasonable speed. But after the last update, I notice that Max speed changes to dangerous speeds. I think it has to do with overriding it on the highway. Sometimes it corrects itself when I get to a new speed limit, but not always. It is very dangerous. I crossed a bridge and used my breaks to make a right turn while in autopilot. I noticed the Max Speed was 72...nothing that I'd set. When I turned it took off like a bat out of hell. The road limit was 40MPH, but my Max was still set at 72. I had been driving about 70ish on the highway before exiting and crossing the bridge. This happens all the time. Some times it will be 48 as I enter the Freeway and it doesn't go up to 60 as it should. Am I alone in this? What can I do about it. It's flat out dangerous.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC