TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Frome (Somerset) 4th July - Electric Car Show and Tell - Guest Speaker from Tesla RND

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Kevin Sharpe, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

We're hosting an electric car show and tell with a guest speaker from Tesla's development facility in California.

Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, ZOE, Leaf, Ampera, electric bikes, and even the towns electric truck will be on display :smile:

The Cheese And Grain

- - - Updated - - -

Our special guest is Malcolm Burgess who's responsible for "Structural Concepts and Vehicle Dynamics" at Tesla. Mal was originally from Frome and is on a private visit to the UK. His talk will undoubtedly provide some real insight into the design of the Model S and Teslas future low cost EVs.

Please do join us... it's not every day that you get access to a brit working at the top of the most progressive engineering company in the world :smile:

2. VintageMark

VintageMark Member

Hi Kevin,

I must be missing something, but I cannot see details on the link.

What time is the event? Presumably at the Cheese and Grain? (can see all kind of events on their site, just not this one!)

Any info much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

3. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

More info here :smile:

Electric Vehicle Event

4. jontracey

jontracey Member

Kevin will the talk be recorded in any way, unfortunately wont be able to make the trip this time

5. Rognjak

Rognjak Member

We have a BMW i3 which we will turn up in... but our Tesla MS is due for delivery 1st week of August, so this is one meeting we dont want to miss
    Our house is 2 miles from Frome.

6. VintageMark

VintageMark Member

We are hoping to turn up in our i3 as well.... and our Model S arrives in late July... :)

Should be a fun evening!

7. Rognjak

Rognjak Member

Look forward to seeing you there @VintageMark. Did you get your i3 at Dick Lovetts? The sales guy there asked me to take my Tesla over there when I get it because he has the "Hots" for them. Funny Eh?

8. Paul Churchley

I'll be there in my Vauxhall Ampera too.

Look forward to seeing you all :)