Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Alert Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
Yesterday I picked up my 2016 MX from the SC after it's second annual. When I got in the car and attempted to drive forward I got the red STOP alert in the center front. It did not show any obstruction indicators on the sides and nothing was in front of the car. The service techs took it back in and rebooted (both methods) as well as checking for any loose connections and found none. They were at a loss on what could be causing the issue and wanted to keep the car but I wanted it back and it was just at closing time. The car needs to be seen within a week to fix one outstanding item. I asked if I could drive it safely and they said I could but it would constantly nag me.

The good news is that the nag only occured when starting from a full stop or coming to a full stop. Once I was underway it stopped nagging.

This AM I went out to see if I could resolve the problem. I verified it still existed and then proceeded to do these three things:
  1. Wiped the front ultrasonic sensors - note the car was just cleaned and they seemed spotless but I did it anyway
  2. Rebooted with the scroll wheels
  3. Rebooted with the buttons above the scroll wheels
I am not sure which of the above, or combination, solved the problem, but it appears to be gone for now. I will see what happens over the next several days and report back here if it returns. But for now all seems to be normal again.