Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front and rear noise maker?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not so sure that is correct. The information I have seen says any car built after 1st September only applies to cars built for the US market. I have yet to see anything that suggests it also applies to the EU market.
The last ship to leave the US was on 09/09 I believe. This was from Philadelphia so I can't imagine there were any cars built after 01/09 on it

The last ship to leave the US was on 09/09 I believe. This was from Philadelphia so I can't imagine there were any cars built after 01/09 on it

My point is that even when we ( as part of the EU market ) start receiving cars built after 1st September they might not have the pedestrian sounds as the information suggests the directive was for US market build cars only.

Watched a YouTube video to hear what this sounds like. In reverse it sounds like a spaceship. Forwards it sounds like an ICE car.

Really hoping this isn’t going to be on my car when I eventually get it, as mine would defo be built after 1st Sept.

Although as JCremoini said, it seems to be a US only regulation and requirement, so perhaps we will get lucky. If not, good to be safe I guess

I’m not so sure that is correct. The information I have seen says any car built after 1st September only applies to cars built for the US market. I have yet to see anything that suggests it also applies to the EU market.

It certainly isn't a requirement for the EU market, but the way the US rollout is being done is based on the requirement to hit a certain percentage of cars built so we may find that Tesla add the speaker to EU models anyway to bolster their numbers.

I have just ordered a Model S long range, and asked the question will it come with the predestination safety, I was told by Tesla Bristol that it only apples to new models built after September, eg model Y But not the S or 3. But not sure how accurate this is, but glad I won’t have it.

I have just ordered a Model S long range, and asked the question will it come with the predestination safety, I was told by Tesla Bristol that it only apples to new models built after September, eg model Y But not the S or 3. But not sure how accurate this is, but glad I won’t have it.

They are correct, there is no requirement in Europe to fit them to X, S or 3.

Tesla can decide to fit them at any point though, regardless of the legal requirement, but I’d be surprised if they did that to X or S any time soon as they can hit the targets required in the USA just by fitting them to the 3.