Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front and rear overhang measurements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also for the tire measurement, would it be from the widest point (halfway up the tire) or at some standard curb height?

I suspect the latter as even at the highest suspension setting the overhang portion of the body would be below the halfway point of the tires.

The measurement, as I understand it, is the distance from a vertical line drawn through the centre of the nearest axle to a vertical line drawn at the furthest most bumper spot. That is the distance a car extends beyond the wheelbase of the car. This makes the combined overhang 80" (196-116). The rear overhangs a bit more than the front so 30" front and 50" rear is likely not far off.

Concur, but is this the same as "overhang"?

Well, whether the definition matches what you are trying to accomplish with the measurement is another story, but it's the only measurement that is constant. Any measurement from the surface of the tire won't be constant because of wear and individual variation between tire manufacturers.

This is correct and the measurements i'm looking for.
I'm needing this "overhang" measurement as well. At 196 inches, the Model S will barely fit in my garage and I have some obstructions down low.
I have about 5 inches to spare so, it seems the overhang will determine if I park with the front-in or back-in.
I'm running power in my garage this weekend for the HPWC outlet. This will determine on which side of the garage I install the outlet.
A measurement (axle to bumper edge) to within an inch is probably fine and much appreciated.
It will save me a trip out to Tesla store. But then again, another test drive?....

I can't find the measurement for front and rear overhang for the model S anywhere on the net? Anyone here have the measurements?
I called the Topanga Store this morning just before they opened. The woman who answered was very helpful and said she would make the measurement right away if I didn't mind waiting a few minutes.
Came back on 1 minute later and said the manager already knew the answer; 39.75 inches from bumper to axle.
Same for front and back.
Hope that helps.

I called the Topanga Store this morning just before they opened. The woman who answered was very helpful and said she would make the measurement right away if I didn't mind waiting a few minutes.
Came back on 1 minute later and said the manager already knew the answer; 39.75 inches from bumper to axle.
Same for front and back.

That matches the numbers on the specs page if front and rear are equal. The picture makes them look unequal though.