Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front and rear steering - when will we see it on a Tesla??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "guess" is in two or three years...when the (1N0Q) motor-per-wheel versions become available for the MS and MX.

Tesla will have their hands full with the M3 and its derivatives for some time. And they're still trying to get HW2 up to parity with HW1.

I would love this. It's been two months since I swapped my BMW 5351 with four wheel steering for an S. One of the few things I miss is the much tighter turning circle of the BMW. I understand the S needs room for the battery pack between the axle and that the extra wheelbase improves highway stability, but four wheel steering could improve handling dramatically for minimal cost.

I would love this. It's been two months since I swapped my BMW 5351 with four wheel steering for an S. One of the few things I miss is the much tighter turning circle of the BMW. I understand the S needs room for the battery pack between the axle and that the extra wheelbase improves highway stability, but four wheel steering could improve handling dramatically for minimal cost.
minimal cost? I guess that is relative.
Seems overly complex to me just for a tighter turning circle.

minimal cost? I guess that is relative.
Seems overly complex to me just for a tighter turning circle.

If memory serves, it was only $2 or 3K.

Tighter turning circle is only the spec that's measured. Four wheel steering, at least from BMW, makes the whole car more nimble and light feeling around every corner, and during emergency maneuvers, it's shockingly quick. It's a dramatic improvement in handling for the price of a radio upgrade.

Nice SAAB, BTW, I had a 93 or 94 900 Turbo Convertible (same as yours?).