Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front axles keep breaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on a 30 day return period from Carmax with my 2018 model X. It has 37k miles. Is it worth bringing the car somewhere for an inspection or should I just floor it on the highway under different suspension settings and feel for shutter? How costly is the repair out of pocket as the factory warranty expires this September?

I'm on a 30 day return period from Carmax with my 2018 model X. It has 37k miles. Is it worth bringing the car somewhere for an inspection or should I just floor it on the highway under different suspension settings and feel for shutter? How costly is the repair out of pocket as the factory warranty expires this September?
Don’t floor it on anything but low or lowest. The more you floor it or the higher you run it the more prone it is to happen on any X.

Oh and the lower you run it the quicker you burn out the inside of your tires.

Don’t floor it on anything but low or lowest. The more you floor it or the higher you run it the more prone it is to happen on any X.

Oh and the lower you run it the quicker you burn out the inside of your tires.
First set (factory blend rubber) were showing rear threads 🧵 in first 10k miles. New Perelli scorpion tires and four wheel alignment over 45,000 miles with even wear.

Had my front half shafts replaced at 9.5k. Smooth as butter. Now at 26k and the front shafts are busted again. Just took it into the sc today and they confirmed so onto the second set. Let’s see how long these ones last… :/ anyone NOT having this problem?

maybe it’s already fixed? I don’t see too many newish cars with this problem being reported.

hard to believe it would go on this long without being addressed. According to YouTube videos, it has been a MS problem too.

I don’t tend to drive like a ‘maniac’ so not sure it would affect me anyway.
We don’t drive crazy either and ours broke. Just returned from service center with an $1100 bill due to our car being out of warranty. We were told we had two options pay to fix it or have it towed away

maybe it’s already fixed? I don’t see too many newish cars with this problem being reported.

hard to believe it would go on this long without being addressed. According to YouTube videos, it has been a MS problem too.

I don’t tend to drive like a ‘maniac’ so not sure it would affect me anyway.
My car is a 2020 Model X And I just had this problem fixed. Of course it was outside of the warranty so it was $1100. They would not consider covering the cost of it

This issue happened to my 2016 X last night. A couple of days ago I heard a loud pop when I made a left turn. It had driven since fine since then until I had to brake a little hard but not a slam. It was on it felt like the front left tire fell off. I definitely see things underneath the tire that I don’t normally see and the tire seems pff place compared to the other side. I’m going to have it towed. Was able to slowly drive it home but it was a very uncomfortable and loud ride. This is my second Tesla first was the model 2015 S and I sold that one because I was getting tired of going to the Tesla service center every 2 to 3 months but this one is trending just the same.