Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Bumper Accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only had my M3 SR+ for a little over a month and I had a guy back into my front bumper in the parking lot. Saved the dash cam. Got his info.

All looks fine except a little bend in the front license plate (not the car just the plate).

I want to get it checked out, but other than physical damage, what do I need to be checking? Sensors? Is this even something Tesla will do/inspect? I want to make sure all is ok before we let him off the hook.

Only had my M3 SR+ for a little over a month and I had a guy back into my front bumper in the parking lot. Saved the dash cam. Got his info.

All looks fine except a little bend in the front license plate (not the car just the plate).

I want to get it checked out, but other than physical damage, what do I need to be checking? Sensors? Is this even something Tesla will do/inspect? I want to make sure all is ok before we let him off the hook.

Paint is fine behind the license plate? If so and your sensors are working, you caught a lucky break. Call it a day. Leaving your car with a shop/Tesla just increases the chances of them causing other problems.

Other than physical damage? Are you ok emotionally.. close call with your baby almost being damaged lol.

Reactions: BBrownUT
Paint is fine behind the license plate? If so and your sensors are working, you caught a lucky break. Call it a day. Leaving your car with a shop/Tesla just increases the chances of them causing other problems.

Other than physical damage? Are you ok emotionally.. close call with your baby almost being damaged lol.
Yep, no physical damage luckily. What sensors should I be testing that are behind the front bumper? Just the proximity ones?

I think I may need therapy for the emotional damage! Haha

A Few months ago I had to a front radar and a bracket replaced for the same type of "hidden damage" as many functions on the left side of screen were functional only intermittently. Cost ~ $350 and about a 3 hour wait, God luck, Ron

There's the radar sensor right behind the bumper cover.
Thanks both. I have the post-May 2021 so no radar for me and the proximity sensors for parking seem to be find. Hopefully all is good then!