Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front bumper clearance on 19" wheel, standard suspension model s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, my garage is just barely, barely long enough to fit my soon-to-be-arriving Model S thanks to two wide concrete steps at the back of the garage. I was thinking of getting some wheel ramps to lift the car high enough that the bumper will clear the step, which will give me significantly more (like 1.5 feet) fore/aft room.

Does anybody have the measurements for the ground clearance of the area of the car in front of the front wheel (or can run out to their car with a tape measure :smile:)? I've been able to find threads discussing total ground clearance and the length of the front overhang, but haven't been able to find this measurement yet.

I will be getting a model s with 19" wheels and standard suspension.

Thanks!

In the standard mode on my MS with 19's the clearance to the front plastic apron is 6-1/2 inches, you have 2 rubber flaps on either side of the front apron and those are 4 inches off the floor.

Interesting. I just measured at the SC the clearance and got 7.75" at the very front and slowly tapering down to 6.75" about 6 inches back from the tip of the nose. The car had 19" wheels.