Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Bumper Debris Hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
45EE6807-713B-4EC3-BC60-0E01FC2BA722.jpeg Only a few weeks old and already have damage. The car in front of me ran over a square piece of wood/drywall type of material while changing lanes and it shot up and hit my front bumper cover. It left a square pattern scratch and scuff mark outline of the object (see pic). I got a nice video of the incident on the dashcam too.

I’m thinking of trying a combo of McGuires ScratchX and Ultimate Compound to lessen the appearance. Any other suggestions?*

* Besides leaving the SF Bay Area because Caltrans can’t keep the roads cleaner than a third world country. It should be noted that this could have been a fatality event it hit a motorcycle.

View attachment 627795 Only a few weeks old and already have damage. The car in front of me ran over a square piece of wood/drywall type of material while changing lanes and it shot up and hit my front bumper cover. It left a square pattern scratch and scuff mark outline of the object (see pic). I got a nice video of the incident on the dashcam too.

I’m thinking of trying a combo of McGuires ScratchX and Ultimate Compound to lessen the appearance. Any other suggestions?*

* Besides leaving the SF Bay Area because Caltrans can’t keep the roads cleaner than a third world country. It should be noted that this could have been a fatality event it hit a motorcycle.
You will need a heavier cutting compound (3M or Menzerna) than the ones you are going to be using and a. good wool cutting pad + random orbital polisher. Depending on how deep some of those scratches are, you may also have to do some wet sanding with 3000 grit sandpaper. Some of those scratches do look pretty deep though...

• Informative
Reactions: airbrett