Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

front bumper deformation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On last Sat, i notice the left hand side near of the bumper near the head lamp has popped out a bit. Tried to push it back in, but failed. Called Tesla, they directed me to take the car to a local approved body shop. Today took the car in, and the tech there very friendly, and tried to put the bumper back in place.

He did what he could do, but still looks off. He further consulted someone more senior, and explained to me this is a common problem due to the heat, and the bumper is plastic, hence deform.

Well, for now, it looks not nice, but the car is fully functional. They will now order a new bumper for me (no coating obviously), and i need to leave the car for them in late Sep.

Did Tesla not think about the heat problem !!! Wonder who is going to pay for my public transport when i don't have the car.

Can you post pictures please? We have many AZ and CA desert dwellers here "enjoying" the constant 110+ degree summer days. I've not heard of anything melting yet but would like to see what we should be looking for (and hopefully not finding).

here are the pics

171559-f3ae97b3b925675bfed945ad65de6049.jpg
171560-fe24748c11be2098a7e43734400f10d2.jpg

I had a similar problem with my front bumper when I took delivery of my MS a couple of years ago. I noticed the slight dent on the front bumper after parking the car under summer sun for a couple of hours.

Tesla took it back immediately (there was no service queue back then) and fixed it using I think applying "heat gun" gently to restore the dent. Not sure if this can be fixed the same way. But I'd imagine this should be a quick fix rather than replacing the bumper altogether.

The same problem didn't happen again in my car since then.

I had a similar problem with my front bumper when I took delivery of my MS a couple of years ago. I noticed the slight dent on the front bumper after parking the car under summer sun for a couple of hours.

Tesla took it back immediately (there was no service queue back then) and fixed it using I think applying "heat gun" gently to restore the dent. Not sure if this can be fixed the same way. But I'd imagine this should be a quick fix rather than replacing the bumper altogether.

The same problem didn't happen again in my car since then.

thanks. I would just wait for the new parts.