Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front bumper motorized louver defect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one and can anyone assist o how to handle this?
Since 3/25/19, my front air dam louver has been actuating CONSTANTLY, 24/7, every time my vehicle is parked. I realize the louvers are supposed to operate to cool batteries if necessary, however, since 3/25/19, every time and every where I park, the louvers and buzzing motor opens and closes my louvers every 6-15 seconds... constantly. The Tesla mobile folks texted me and said "Nothing is wrong because there is no activities or errors on their remote diagnosis of my vehicle." I replied that this issue concerns me even more now, since there is no record or activity that Tesla sees, even though my vehicle's louver / baffle motor has been constantly opening and closing (when my car is "off" and parked) for more than a week now. They want more "proof" before they send out a mobile ranger....

It does like this youtube video except my motor whirs and grinds louder than this example: Tesla Model 3 louvers opening and closing constantly (even while powered off)- possibly causing battery drain. : teslamotors

I've sent them a copy of this activity and all they say is that they've never heard of this (even though there are reddit blogs of this happening on some of the Model S vehicles, since 201)7.

Solution: I brought my vehicle in to TSC and within 1 business day, they changed out the front control modulator (looks like a circuit board)? The board swap stopped the continual actutaions however, unless this new sound is one of those "normal" Tesla sounds, there is a very low hum from the same area (that can be heard when it's dead quiet, late at nite when there's no ambient noise). There has not been any phantom energy draw and the car works as fine as it ever has.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mrau