Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front bumper refinish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After ~10k miles, I'm looking to get my front wrapped with a clear bra. Before doing that, I want to get some small rock chips and scratches fixed up.

I just got a quote from a body shop, ~$1,050 for them to completely strip down and repaint the front bumper.

Has anybody else been in this boat, does that quote sound reasonable? I was also considering just replacing the bumper, does anyone know what the part cost is directly from Tesla?

what color is the car? if its one of the tri coats, its gonna be more expensive and what is the 1k quote for? just a front bumper repaint or does it include a blend job into the hood/fenders?

how badly chipped is the front bumper? if its not too bad, you can have a shop touch it up before clear bra instead of a full repaint.

what is the point of replacing the front bumper with a new one? you will still have to get it painted.

After ~10k miles, I'm looking to get my front wrapped with a clear bra. Before doing that, I want to get some small rock chips and scratches fixed up.

I just got a quote from a body shop, ~$1,050 for them to completely strip down and repaint the front bumper.

Has anybody else been in this boat, does that quote sound reasonable? I was also considering just replacing the bumper, does anyone know what the part cost is directly from Tesla?

That seems way too high, honestly. I took off my rear bumper last fall and had some scratches/chips repaired and got the whole thing repainted for $300. No paint matching required. The bumpers are not hard to remove and a shop can usually get the work done faster (and cheaper) if you just bring them the part. Here's a really good guide for the front bumper removal.