Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front bumper update/refresh question - pls help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if someone here did a full refresh including hood on a model S with a single loop sticker...
I would like to know if I need to purchase the stricker/latch for the 2016+ model, or
my current one will work?

Someone told me that I could cut down my prelifted striker. But I rather purchase the new one if it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210317-153156_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210317-153156_Gallery.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 262
Reactions: TroyGuy
Wondering if someone here did a full refresh including hood on a model S with a single loop sticker...
I would like to know if I need to purchase the stricker/latch for the 2016+ model, or
my current one will work?

Someone told me that I could cut down my prelifted striker. But I rather purchase the new one if it works.
Did you ever obtain an answer to your question? I would really like to know this myself. I know someone that created a custom striker to put the new hood on a Gen 1 Model S. He did his own refresh and it looked great. I've had no luck contacting this guy (Connor) since. Presumably, he made his own striker because nothing else worked. The T-Sportline and the Unplugged refresh of the Model S front nose do not look like the real deal in my opinion. The missing finishing touch for the 1st gen Model S would be if they use the original 2nd gen OEM Model S hood to achieve a true 2nd gen refresh.

Last edited:
Did you ever obtain an answer to your question? I would really like to know this myself. I know someone that created a custom striker to put the new hood on a Gen 1 Model S. He did his own refresh and it looked great. I've had no luck contacting this guy (Connor) since. Presumably, he made his own striker because nothing else worked. The T-Sportline and the Unplugged refresh of the Model S front nose do not look like the real deal in my opinion. The missing finishing touch for the 1st gen Model S would be if they use the original 2nd gen OEM Model S hood to achieve a true 2nd gen refresh.
Yup, You can get the new striker from tesla it works perfectly.

Not really - My Nov 2015 model S came with a single striker configuration. (not double) - If this is your case, then the new refresh Single Latch will be compatible with your old Single latch system. - hope this helps

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately mine has the double latch so I'll have to figure something out. I recall somewhere in the forum chats that someone made or modified a striker latch to allow the refresh hood with the single striker to work with a double latch MS. The search goes on.

Thanks. Found him on IG. He said they're not making anymore until next year. 😩 Problem is I'm expecting my Gen 2 carbon fiber hood in the next few weeks and was hoping to have the striker already in hand so I could install it as soon as it's delivered. (No place to store it unfortunately.) Gotta try and figure something out quick.

Hey guys, I am currently working on installing the refresh hood. I have someone making the double striker for my hood. It should be done tonight. The hood definitely needs some adjustment but it really completes the bumper refresh look. It covers the T perfectly.

Reactions: Hotboy408
this what I was talking about last time we talked. Someone made a new part for this
Don’t do any of these things. My friend has a friend that made that part himself just for this reason the shop is called ev fix me

Said he’s one of the few people that can do basically everything he can and only recommends him to other owners looking for bumper conversions
3E4B414B-85CC-45F8-9EA9-88E59C97BA96.jpeg

Reactions: Daytonaviolet