TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Front Bumper Upper Grille Chrome Bezel

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Omalleym, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Omalleym

Omalleym Member

I own an obsidian black pre facelift P90D and am in two minds as to whether to dechrome the front bumper bezel (the "mouth") either with a vinyl wrap or plastidip. If I did this the remaining chrome is in the same places as the new model but I'm also not sure whether I should mess with the original look. Any views on this and anyone who has done it i.e.. dechroming just the bezel so that they could share their photos?

2. Haxster

Haxster Member

I'm leaning toward the dip. However, it depends on how difficult it is to remove the trim strip. It may not be easy. I've already removed the "T". Haven't decided to leave it off or dip it black.

I'd also like to get rid of the "V" dip under the "T" emblem, but this is likely a bigger project than I want to tackle.

Member Artsci is doing some research on the chrome strip issue.

3. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

4. Naonak

Naonak Member

You know you can just plastidip the chrome bezel in place, right? No need to remove it from the car. Takes about an hour from start to finish, not including dry/waiting time for the Plastidip layers.

I'd post a video, but it's too cold here and my garage is freezing, so no plastidiping until it's warmer out.

5. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

• Like x 1