Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guys

Got a 3 month old model s that had some scrapes on the front bumper in front the passenger side wheel. Looks more like scrapes than any actual impact. Attaching image below.

I think my wife and are both okay with just living with it unless there are going to be any rust issues going forward. It didn’t seem like it got anywhere near a sensor and could have just been a scrape. I’m assuming the bumper is made of some kind of plastic or aluminum? I’m hoping so anyway so the rust concerns shouldn’t be any issue. Anyone have any thoughts? Would touch up paint be sufficient here ?

Attachments

• 0F694E67-E23E-43D9-8122-1FCDA5912BBF.jpeg
    0F694E67-E23E-43D9-8122-1FCDA5912BBF.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 298
It won't have any rust problems. In my personal opinion I couldn't live with damage like that, especially since the car is white. If I were you I would do whatever I could to get rid of it..I don't know whether or not touch up paint would work on that.

It won't have any rust problems. In my personal opinion I couldn't live with damage like that, especially since the car is white. If I were you I would do whatever I could to get rid of it..I don't know whether or not touch up paint would work on that.

It’s my wife’s daily driver and if she’s ok with it then I’m ok with it. I have a feeling these won’t be the last scrape so. Our parking spot is right next to a concrete pillar.

I get what you’re saying though.