Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front camera switch (Initial production run)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ever wished that you had a front camera on your X (or S)? Now is your chance! artsci is doing a 2nd run of his camera switch that can display the image on the touchscreen!

In short (quoting artsci):

"We're now ready to begin production. We're assuming an initial production run of 50 units.

The camera switch PCB in a case with two remotes and receptacles and connections for the front and rear cameras and touch screen, 12v power, ground, and reverse signal will be $195.00 each. A refundable pre-production deposit of $100 will be required. If we don't reach 50 deposits production will be canceled and deposits refunded. PM me for information on how to make your reservation deposit.

Other parts needed for installation are as follows. These range in cost (depending on the source) from about $100 to $200."

Here is the link to the post for more information:
2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

Here is a link to a Teslarati article about it from a few years ago:
Tesla Model S Front Camera Touchscreen Switch Kit

I traded in my old model S for a 3 AWD. Tesla values the front camera at $0 and preferred that I remove it before trade in. Therefore, I have all the bits and pieces you need to install a front camera from the initial production run. Included, front camera, bracket for mounting camera off of the bottom of the nose cone, two appropriate video cables, the switch itself with power plug and leads, and two fobs for switching the signal. Asking $100. I'll pay shipping within lower 48. Pm me.