Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front camera usb showing an x symbol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plugged in a 8GB USB stick into the front USB slot with the pre-created folder. The car detected the USB and brought up the front camera usb recording symbol. After a day though I noticed that it's now greyed out and showing an 'x' on the upper right corner of the symbol. Anyone else run into this?

Can you elaborate on this? Turn off camera with 2 second push on what?

The camera icon on the touch screen. If you press and hold the icon it will stop recording. Press and hold again to resume recording. A quick tap on the icon will save the last 10 minutes of video to files that will not be overwritten.

I haven't tried reformat
Can you elaborate on this? Turn off camera with 2 second push on what?
I think you'll have repair/reformat the USB stick before turning off the camera is going to help you. Once mine was corrupt it never worked again until I did the reformat (FAT32).

I haven't reformatted the camera partition since the update to 42.2 . I gave on on the camera after the third reformat. I guess I should do that and see if the problem is gone for good.

I re-formatted the disc and inserted but still no camera icon on the screen.
I had everything working with the camera after version 9 came through then two weeks later when I got in the car the screen message said it was trying to install version 9. I had to drive to an appointment so I X'ed out since version 9 was already installed and drove. Some time after that the camera icon just showed an X. Now the icon is cone entirely???