Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front camera while driving on Model 3 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for suggestions for my model 3 2021 I want to know the best suggestions for a camera when you pull into a parking space and not have to keep hitting those cement blocks in the parking lots. You would think that Tesla has front sentry cameras and it would be so much easier to just hit a button while you're parking and see what's in front of you when you park. Any help would be appreciated. 👍

It certainly would be nice if they could do that. I thought that perhaps they could use software and use the side cameras plus the forward cameras to create a pseudo birds eye view. At one point there were rumors that would be in a later software version. So either it is harder than I think; or they have more pressing innovations such as Karaoke lol. I did try a license plate frame that was sold at Costco and mounted it on the front and it had a small screen about size of a smart phone that received the view wirelessly. I wasn't impressed by it; so returned it. It was really meant as a backup camera on rear license place; but with its software you could invert the image to work in the front.

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday
Upvote 0
There is no frontal camera low enough to see them. The front camera is mounted high on the windshield. So you have to judge the space yourself.

In a conventional ICEr you might be able to unbuckle and stick your head out the window (sorta like a dog) to see your front wheel area, but the Tesla will slam into Park when you take your body weight off the seat, so that doesn't work either.

It's pretty embarrassing that a "tech" car like Tesla doesn't have this but many ICErs at half the price have it. (It's not the only example of this, just search the forum for blindspot detection complaints.)

Upvote 0