Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front control arms: how long to replace at SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did it take to convince the SC to replace the control arms? I was at a scheduled appointment just today and the advisor said if I couldn’t reproduce the sounds it periodically makes then they might charge me an inspection fee if they determined replacements weren’t necessary. I get the very infrequent clank when doing tight turns but not often enough to be able to record it.

Did they do an alignment as part of this work?
No, they said alignment isn’t needed
What did it take to convince the SC to replace the control arms? I was at a scheduled appointment just today and the advisor said if I couldn’t reproduce the sounds it periodically makes then they might charge me an inspection fee if they determined replacements weren’t necessary. I get the very infrequent clank when doing tight turns but not often enough to be able to record it.
I wanted them to fix a groaning noise when turning the steering wheel when backing out of the garage, and I provided a video. The SA said it’s the upper control arms & covered it under warranty.

I wanted them to fix a groaning noise when turning the steering wheel when backing out of the garage, and I provided a video. The SA said it’s the upper control arms & covered it under warranty.
Interesting. I have something similar but it's so sporadic that capturing it is tough. Maybe it will become more recurring. I have a 2018 Performance, but with only about 21k miles.