Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Dash Grille - Fitting to Windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I had the infamous dash bubbling issue a few months back - resulting in an entire dash change last month. Overall the fit back seemed good (better than factory really creek and rattle wise - although that said, there are still a few!).

Anyway - Noticed today that the front grille appears to have a gap visible when you look through the windscreen. It looks like there are two plastic covers that are supposed to cover this gap - but without another M3 to compare to - I cant be sure.

Does the front of your speaker grille look like this from the windscreen, or should this gap be closed?

IMG_4405.jpg
IMG_4406.jpg

Hi All,

I had the infamous dash bubbling issue a few months back - resulting in an entire dash change last month. Overall the fit back seemed good (better than factory really creek and rattle wise - although that said, there are still a few!).

Anyway - Noticed today that the front grille appears to have a gap visible when you look through the windscreen. It looks like there are two plastic covers that are supposed to cover this gap - but without another M3 to compare to - I cant be sure.

Does the front of your speaker grille look like this from the windscreen, or should this gap be closed?

View attachment 602937 View attachment 602938
Yes there is something missing. There should not be a gap.