Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front door requiring 2 presses to open from the inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few posts on this, mainly regarding the rear doors though but this is regarding the front drivers door. when I got the car in December, it definitely required only a single press to open but over the past couple of weeks, this has intermittently required a second press to clear the latch. Maybe in the past week, it's been the case every time.

So one press and the window moves down and the door opens slightly but hangs on the second latch, such that pushing it wont cause it to fully open and I now need to press the button a second time to get it to clear the latch.

Anyone else had this and fixed it or have any insight into what the problem could be?

I have my car booked in for Friday to have the front fog lights replaced and for whatever reason, cant add this via the app (wont allow me to add extra text as it has done previously) and so far not been able to speak to a human over the phone, so kind of hoping it's something obvious or simple that I can rectify myself as opposed to waiting until the light nights to get another appointment :cool: