Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front door seals hanging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed today that my Model X (2019) front and passenger door seals along the inside of the door is loose and or hanging. You can see it more clearly when the door is fully opened. Is this normal? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• modelx_seal01.jpg
    modelx_seal01.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 331
  • modelx_seal02.jpg
    modelx_seal02.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 255
Hi, I just noticed this on my out of warranty Model X on both front doors. Are they suppose to align with the door edge and if they come off, only option is to replace to entire seal?

Does anyone have a pic of how it suppose to look and also anyone had it done recently in Canada and have the out of pocket cost?

Thanks

This happened on my 3 months old MX last summer. The ranger said that it was the sun drying out the glue. To replace the seal he'd have to take off the doors and he recommended against it. Not sure if he was just being lazy but he says there is a chance to mess up the door alignment. So I bought some "3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive" and glued them back myself. No problems since then. I'll see if they will last through the summer this year.