TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front door seals

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ps004ynos, Nov 1, 2019.

1. ps004ynos

ps004ynos Member

02EEA095-44A4-4027-8743-AABDF3250DA0.jpeg 69492075-47C8-4134-80D1-7B920F50A8FB.jpeg 23E69A41-2029-443F-9F80-E520F22B495E.jpeg Seen the threads about FWD and hatch seal issues but this is new to me.

Left driver door seal is dangling off. Passenger bottom 1/3 is doing its best to catch up.

Build date July ‘19.

Already have an SC visit this Tuesday for other stuff. Don’t they have better glue nowadays?

2. Mbrockus

Mbrockus Member

Not sure if they have a better glue but it appears they didn't apply much at the factory. Should be an easy fix.

• Like x 1
  3. mohanman

mohanman Member

Welcome to the world to Tesla, where things fall off and things don't fit. It'll be a fun journey with several visits to the service center. Be ready for lots of loaners... and have fun!

• Funny x 1
  4. davezforce

davezforce IG @davezforce

Have the same issue. Mobile is coming next week to fix both doors.

5. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

I have the same issue. Check out my youtube channel. Regional mobile tech did a quick fix but is coming back on the 11th to replace the seal. Its actually attached to the seal that goes around the entire door panel. The whole panel needs to be replaced..... Ill be posting a new video when its done.

6. davezforce

davezforce IG @davezforce

What’s involved in replacing the entire strip? Are they going to have to take my door panel apart to replace that. It’s hard to tell how it’s attached to the top part of the door. Really hoping they don’t have to remove the panel. That will just introduce broken clips and rattles.

7. Mbrockus

Mbrockus Member

The strip is held on using adhesive. First step is to clean the mating surface on the door of ALL dirt, oils.. etc...then expose the adhesive on the seal strip and attach to the door. Key point is for the door surface to be clean clean clean. My model 3 doesn't have these seals but you can order a set from amazon. I did add them and getting that front edge seal installed is a son of a gun..

• Like x 1