Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front door seals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
02EEA095-44A4-4027-8743-AABDF3250DA0.jpeg
69492075-47C8-4134-80D1-7B920F50A8FB.jpeg
23E69A41-2029-443F-9F80-E520F22B495E.jpeg
Seen the threads about FWD and hatch seal issues but this is new to me.

Left driver door seal is dangling off. Passenger bottom 1/3 is doing its best to catch up.

Build date July ‘19.

Already have an SC visit this Tuesday for other stuff. Don’t they have better glue nowadays?

I have the same issue. Check out my youtube channel. Regional mobile tech did a quick fix but is coming back on the 11th to replace the seal. Its actually attached to the seal that goes around the entire door panel. The whole panel needs to be replaced..... Ill be posting a new video when its done.

I have the same issue. Check out my youtube channel. Regional mobile tech did a quick fix but is coming back on the 11th to replace the seal. Its actually attached to the seal that goes around the entire door panel. The whole panel needs to be replaced..... Ill be posting a new video when its done.
What’s involved in replacing the entire strip? Are they going to have to take my door panel apart to replace that. It’s hard to tell how it’s attached to the top part of the door. Really hoping they don’t have to remove the panel. That will just introduce broken clips and rattles.

The strip is held on using adhesive. First step is to clean the mating surface on the door of ALL dirt, oils.. etc...then expose the adhesive on the seal strip and attach to the door. Key point is for the door surface to be clean clean clean. My model 3 doesn't have these seals but you can order a set from amazon. I did add them and getting that front edge seal installed is a son of a gun..

Reactions: BulldogsRus