Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front door speaker grill removal???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the grill for the speaker in the front door be removed?

I have a rattle I’m trying to track down and feel like it’s from the grill.

Have found video for door panel removal but nothing on the speaker grill.

Thanks!

In not going to watch all of it again to see, but I think this will help you.

Thanks, but this is a model S.

They seem to be different as you can’t buy just a speaker grill for the 3 like you can for the S. At least not that I could determine through various searches.

Hence my question of how to do it or if it can be done?

Thanks, but this is a model S.

They seem to be different as you can’t buy just a speaker grill for the 3 like you can for the S. At least not that I could determine through various searches.

Hence my question of how to do it or if it can be done?

I'm pretty sure the door panel and speaker grill are "welded" plastic together, as in the posts of the grill fit into the door and they are then melted together. You can put foam tape around the inside edge of the grill to separate it from the door a little and it should stop that rattle.

I'm pretty sure the door panel and speaker grill are "welded" plastic together, as in the posts of the grill fit into the door and they are then melted together. You can put foam tape around the inside edge of the grill to separate it from the door a little and it should stop that rattle.
Good to know!! Was going to give it a pull and see what happens but this tells me I would have gotten it and it would now be broken :(

Maybe will take in for service at some point. Just figured if it was easy to pull off I would try it myself.