Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front door weather seal comes off easily and wind leak / intrusion issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 MYLR July delivery from Fremont build.

Recently I had an experience with an air leak/wind intrusion around the driver-side seat controller.
I went to SC and after the inspection, they could not find anything to validate any air leak with the fan and ultrasonic leak detector.

Later receiving the car, I thoroughly inspected it to validate what could be the potential issue and I tried to see if the weather seal applied to the pillar side (aka secondary weather seal, not the seal attached to the door) and when I pulled out, it came off very effortlessly from the frame.
I tried to pull out the passenger side, same thing.
When I tried to pull out the weather seals from the rear doors, they rather had a very snug and tight fit to the frame which I had to use some force to pull out.

Is this normal for the front doors of tesla where the weather seals easily come off? There's no adhesive on these seals? Weather seals on the doors definitely are applied with adhesives which are almost unremovable but not the weather seals on the pillars.

Could anyone confirm and could this lead to a potential air leak?

tempImagenIlxJv.jpg
tempImagedVQzap.jpg

Yes, it is possible that the lack of adhesive on the weather seals around the pillars could lead to air leaks. If these seals are not properly secured, they can easily come off and may even cause wind intrusion into the vehicle. If you suspect that this is the source of your air leak/wind intrusion issue, we recommend contacting Tesla Service Center to have them take a look. They may need to re-apply the weather seals with an adhesive or apply additional insulation for a more secure fit. Additionally, it is also important to check for any other potential sources that could be causing air leaks/wind intrusion such as door seals and window gaskets. If everything else appears to be properly sealed, this could be the culprit of your issue. We recommend having a qualified technician take a look to ensure that all seals are properly applied and secure.

Cheers,
Joseph
From Precision Auto Styling

Upvote 0