Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Driver Door stopped opening with fob, handle and auto present - any tips?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks - have a 2017 MX 100 which has been relatively trouble free. Just today my wife went to drive the car and got in just fine as usual. After doing some shopping she went back to the car and the driver side door wouldn't open - no auto present, no key fob effect and nothing after pressing on the handle. She had to climb in the passenger side and release it with the internal handle.

Any ideas on what to try? Other doors work just fine.

Done some more troubleshooting including the Door reset procedure posted in the sticky thread (slow close, lock/unlock from Fob a few times). Unfortunately the reset procedure didn't work.

Here is what i noticed -
a) i can hear a sound when i go to open with handle or FOB but door doesn't move
b) from inside when i have to put the handle a few times to get latch to let go
c) door fully closes and opens once the latch lets go
d) there is a little "actuator" thing that sticks out from door that retracts as i open door (see video)

I'm away from city/SC for next week so this is a real PITA. Anything else i can try to reset or tweak the latch? Pretty sure the latch simply isn't letting go on auto open.

Video link here: Door Opening Video and Sounds

Argh I dreaded it would be the latch (i'm out of warranty). I will see if they can come up north and service. If anyone has any simple tips/tricks to try before going for replacement please let me know. Willing to try just about anything tonight.

Last edited: