Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Driver Door Weather Seal/Weather Strip

Do You Have the Same "Slit" from Factory??

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nate704

Apr 20, 2021
Virginia
My front door weather seal came loose (they are held by double side tape vs. small clips on other cars), so mobile tech brough a new one to replace the seal.
After he installed the new seal, I noticed a cut at the lower left corner (when you face the door interior door panel).
I let the technician know and he confirmed that it was damaged somehow, and he told me to submit another ticket to get a replacement.
So, I took some pictures and submitted a request.
Tesla cancelled the service request 3 days prior to the appointment date saying other seals have the same "slit", and they confirmed with their parts department. I know it is total BS and the person had no ideas what he/she was talking about but pretending that he/she knew.
So, I am trying to get a survey from you if you have the "factory installed" "slit" in the same area.

IMG_2233.jpeg

IMG_2293.jpeg

Here is the picture of the real "factory installed" "HOLE" for pressure relief at the bottom portion of the seal.
IMG_2294 (1).jpeg

Both my MYP and M3P have those. There are more of them on the lower side of the door if you run your finger. At least 3 slits per door. This is the way they come from the factory or the part supplier. My guess is that the holes are punched later so the slits are not needed, but I can only speculate as to why they are there in the 1st place - presumably drainage.

Both my MYP and M3P have those. There are more of them on the lower side of the door if you run your finger. At least 3 slits per door. This is the way they come from the factory or the part supplier. My guess is that the holes are punched later so the slits are not needed, but I can only speculate as to why they are there in the 1st place - presumably drainage.
Are you talking about the holes at the bottom or slit/cut on the side??

Normal. My MYP and M3P have those too. Initially I thought it was a defect but these seem to be there on purpose and there several of them if you run your finger underneath and not just on the side. At least 3 per door I think.