Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front-end Alignments - Pittsburgh area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had luck finding someone that can do a proper front-end alignment? In my fleet, my Model 3 is the only car that steers straight, but the insides of my front tires are gone after 18,000 miles. I'm scared of the Wexford service center after a year of horror stories from 2 other owners. Is the Columbus, Ohio service center equipped to do alignments, and if so, are they any good at it?

Wow! This is exactly what I'm seeing. 18,000 and the inner treads are way down. Wexford is telling me it's the Pittsburgh potholes! Here is the strange thing - when I first got the car I got a mile away and it shut down on me because it needed alignment. So I took it back with multiple error messages flashing, and they did the re-alignment on day one. Strange. So did you get an alignment? I'd really like to fix this.

I have not aligned the car yet. My tire shop recommended lower pressure as the center tread was gone all the way around. I now run 40 PSI instead of 44. I'm trying this for a few thousand miles and see what the wear is.

Tip: don’t use the Tesla service center for alignment. I learned the hard way when I burned through front tires on my Model X in 5,000 miles. You can buy a lifetime alignment for under 200 bucks at Firestone and they do a great job. 10,000 miles on my new tires and they are barely worn.

Tip: don’t use the Tesla service center for alignment. I learned the hard way when I burned through front tires on my Model X in 5,000 miles. You can buy a lifetime alignment for under 200 bucks at Firestone and they do a great job. 10,000 miles on my new tires and they are barely worn.
The challenge is finding a shop that won't send you to Tesla. I've been told by a shop that they will do an alignment for $150 if the car is not self driving and another shop said I had to take to Tesla.