Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End Bug Prevention

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
Seems like I can't drive anywhere without coming home to find a ton of squashed bugs on the front end nose of my Model 3. I like to keep my car clean and use a spray on waterless wax cleaner but it gets tiring to clean it after every drive. Is there a product that everyone is using to prevent bug goo or at least from it sticking on our cars?

Seems like I can't drive anywhere without coming home to find a ton of squashed bugs on the front end nose of my Model 3. I like to keep my car clean and use a spray on waterless wax cleaner but it gets tiring to clean it after every drive. Is there a product that everyone is using to prevent bug goo or at least from it sticking on our cars?

PPF will protect the paint and make clean up easier. Some get the front bumper done, some the bumper, hood and fenders. Some the entire car.

I have used Bugs 'n All (and a mesh scrubber sponge). Works good. Spray it on, let soak for a few minutes, then wipe off. But I don't think I've used it since getting the PPF put on. Regular car washing returns the front bumper to like-new.

Well, my Model 3 is four years old and don't want to put PPF on a car that already has some nicks. Cleaing isn't the issue, I don't have a problem cleaning them off, I just want something that would make them not stick so much and wax doesn't seem to be doing the job.

A ceramic coating would make cleaning the bugs off a lot easier. If you don't want to apply an actual ceramic coating, your next best bet would be a ceramic-infused spray sealant. My current favorite is Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, which has ceramic, carnauba wax, and synthetic polymers. A ceramic spray sealant will provide more protection than the wax in a waterless wash with wax type product.

If you do use a bug remover spray to get rid of the bugs, you would need to reapply the sealant afterwards, as bug remover sprays will often remove waxes and sealants.

Reactions: RSpanner