Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end design of the Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes the Mihai front-end suggestion a parabola versus the Model 3's original blunt parabola?
I put my deposit down after seeing the car... if they changed the nose to look like a car from the 90s like the Mihai front end then I'd worry about other people who put their deposits down after seeing what the car looked like.

Personally, I don't know if I'd care if it was just a street legal roll cage on a high performance electric drive train. I'd probably still get it.

Reactions: slipnslider
I am 100% convinced that the Model 3 will have the mustache after seeing the updated Model S front end. It is clearly going to be the new Tesla "corporate look."
Ugh. If they go with the mustache I really might cancel my order. I hate it that much. Nosecone was fine. The current M3 "lip" is cool, but the mustache on the X and new S? Heinous. I wouldn't marry a girl with a mustache either.

I'm confused. The Model 3 front end only differs from the X and S by the mustache. I don't think the presence or absence of the mustache turns a car from a normal looking car to a weirdmobile.

By the time the 3 comes out the older Model S cars with the nose cone are going to look really dated.

When the X was revealed with the mustache my reaction was "what the hell did they do to it?" People bought it based on the nose cone design. To radically change the face of it (for the worse) after that really made me question musk's judgement.

I don't think the mustache makes it look WEIRD per say, like a Leaf, but it it's ugly and unnecessary.

I like the nose as is. I wouldn't mind minor tweaks to improve its aerodynamics.

I also wouldn't mind the "mustache". It would create a consistent branding amongst all of Tesla's models that could be a good thing. But from what I've seen of the Model X and new Model S mustaches, they are recessed. I would only be ok with the mustache if it were flush with the current nose design so as to not decrease aerodynamics. I can't believe Tesla does something like that.

To infuse new life into the Model 3 front end discussion... here is a teaser of what will likely be a Peugeot EV (since front end cooling is missing). It proves that it can be done, leave away any suggestion of a grille design.

36sy6m1b2gyr_800.jpg

To infuse new life into the Model 3 front end discussion... here is a teaser of what will likely be a Peugeot EV (since front end cooling is missing). It proves that it can be done, leave away any suggestion of a grille design.

36sy6m1b2gyr_800.jpg

Not sure why you say front end cooling is missing, you can clearly see there are the horizontal lines of a grill there, unless it is just decorative.

The 3's nose has grown on me. At first I wasn't crazy about it, but the 3 looks like a baby Porsche Panamera. Again, a car I was highly ambivalent about when it was introduced, but have grown to appreciate. I also think the Panamera has become more attractive and elegant with subsequent generations.