Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh. Both the Chevrolet BOLT and the Nissan SWAY are just those company's respective attempts to come up with something to one-up the Honda Fit. Each has way too many doors for such a short wheelbase. Very few cars can pull it off. The Renault Zoe is one of them, I think...
renault-zoe-b10ph1-design-gallerie-001.jpg

No the Sway is not a Fit competitor. It's projected to be the replacement for the Leaf. The Zoe is a very attractive car for the size and draws heavily from the Clio...which is also a very well proportioned vehicle for its size.

The BOLT is just too pedestrian as are most GM products of late and past. But it serves a segment that could benefit from a long range EV.

There's just nothing special or outstanding about the Model 3's looks. It's a copy of a Porsche upfront with the rest being a scaled down aging Model S.

Grill = people walking around with teeth showing.

Model 3 = people walking around with mouth closed.

Now how many of you walk around with a cheesy smile? None.

That's an excellent comparison.

They could blend the lines a bit and make that front end work better. Lower the side creases, then curve it up to where the center crease is, making it one continuous line.

Just a recommendation. I would gladly take the car as is. Plus, this is probably one of the very few cars designed to handle a front license plate without wrecking the aerodynamics.

So what if they are both Teslas?

The Model S's looks is nothing special so to make it something that it isn't doesn't make it any better. In the world of really good looking IC vehicles, the Tesla doesn't look at that good...and it's aged and looks dated. Why is that so hard to accept? It needs a redesign just like every other car does.

So to base the latest Tesla...the bread and butter car of this company mind you....on an aged design is absurd.

They could have and should have done a more innovative and better job. Don't confuse the features and performance with the exterior aesthetic design.
If you think they could have done a better job, lets see what you have in mind. If you can design a car and show us, and if it actually looks better than the model 3 (without compromising coefficent of friction), then I would like to have a conversation with you, until then, we are jusy gabbling.

No the Sway is not a Fit competitor.
Four doors with a flat, vertical rear hatch on a Compact car shaped like a modernized 80s tall wagon. Uh, yes it is. Same exact formfactor.

There's just nothing special or outstanding about the Model 3's looks. It's a copy of a Porsche upfront with the rest being a scaled down aging Model S.
It's an IMPROVEMENT on the Porsche corporate fascia, that could be improved further by copying Ferrari instead. And the 'aging' elements of Model S design were all borrowed from Aston-Martin, Jaguar, and Maserati, who have been copying each other for so many decades that no one remembers which of them ever had an original idea. Luckily, those old bones still look GOOD. To each his own, but Lauren Bacall aged far better than Elizabeth Taylor.

Reactions: Kurt Foster
This is how it should be....

View attachment 170271

I look at that and think air trap and drag. Electric vehicles should look like they glide through the air. There's no need for an opening since all that says to me is engine, transmission, heat, radiator, fan, cooling,.. ICE. I don't like any reminders. It's time to move on.

I love the Model 3 front end. It looks so much better than the S.

Four doors with a flat, vertical rear hatch on a Compact car shaped like a modernized 80s tall wagon. Uh, yes it is. Same exact formfactor.

No it's not. That car can be a hot-hatch...the Fit cannot. Where do you see a tall wagon in the Sway....I wonder.

It's an IMPROVEMENT on the Porsche corporate fascia, that could be improved further by copying Ferrari instead. And the 'aging' elements of Model S design were all borrowed from Aston-Martin, Jaguar, and Maserati, who have been copying each other for so many decades that no one remembers which of them ever had an original idea. Luckily, those old bones still look GOOD. To each his own, but Lauren Bacall aged far better than Elizabeth Taylor.

Improvement? How? Name a reason why it's an improvement rather than merely saying so.

Aston Martin, Jag, and Maserati aren't known for modern, futuristic designs. They are known more for legacy-based stuff with freshening up. And frankly I don't see anything modern or futuristic about the 3's looks nor the Model S's. When I see an S on the road now, it looks odd, out of proportion, old, and dated.

Your photoshop renditions are a huge improvement. Very disappointed in the visuals of this baby tesla. Looks better than the fugly X, but still no winner.

The S is so fantastic already, I expected far better than what was delivered the other night.

On the positive side....it's a lot better than any Chevy Bolt or Volt or Dolt.

They are probably making the logo designed like that to resemble the roadster, and if they are thats pretty cool and tesla like.
Yeah. But unfortunately, with the shape of the hood, location of the headlights, and position of the badge, it reminds me too much of Porsche at a glance. Looks better than the Porsche... But I'd rather the badging were lower, and out front.