TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Front End... Hmmmmmm

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bigbear, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nozferat

Nozferat Member

No the Sway is not a Fit competitor. It's projected to be the replacement for the Leaf. The Zoe is a very attractive car for the size and draws heavily from the Clio...which is also a very well proportioned vehicle for its size.

The BOLT is just too pedestrian as are most GM products of late and past. But it serves a segment that could benefit from a long range EV.

There's just nothing special or outstanding about the Model 3's looks. It's a copy of a Porsche upfront with the rest being a scaled down aging Model S.

2. PV1

PV1 Member

That's an excellent comparison.

They could blend the lines a bit and make that front end work better. Lower the side creases, then curve it up to where the center crease is, making it one continuous line.

Just a recommendation. I would gladly take the car as is. Plus, this is probably one of the very few cars designed to handle a front license plate without wrecking the aerodynamics.

3. James Anders

James Anders Member

This is how it should be....

ashRZB4.jpg

• Like x 15
    • Love x 13
  4. PV1

PV1 Member

Perfect!

• Like x 4
  5. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

If you think they could have done a better job, lets see what you have in mind. If you can design a car and show us, and if it actually looks better than the model 3 (without compromising coefficent of friction), then I would like to have a conversation with you, until then, we are jusy gabbling.

6. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

The tall front bumper is probably needed to pass new pedestrian crash testing.

• Like x 1
  7. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

• Love x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. Kurt Foster

I admire the pointed nose style, and wouldn't mind them making that. But with that said, the way it looks now is just as fine to me.

• Like x 3
  9. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Four doors with a flat, vertical rear hatch on a Compact car shaped like a modernized 80s tall wagon. Uh, yes it is. Same exact formfactor.

It's an IMPROVEMENT on the Porsche corporate fascia, that could be improved further by copying Ferrari instead. And the 'aging' elements of Model S design were all borrowed from Aston-Martin, Jaguar, and Maserati, who have been copying each other for so many decades that no one remembers which of them ever had an original idea. Luckily, those old bones still look GOOD. To each his own, but Lauren Bacall aged far better than Elizabeth Taylor.

• Like x 1
  10. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I look at that and think air trap and drag. Electric vehicles should look like they glide through the air. There's no need for an opening since all that says to me is engine, transmission, heat, radiator, fan, cooling,.. ICE. I don't like any reminders. It's time to move on.

I love the Model 3 front end. It looks so much better than the S.

• Like x 2
  11. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

That little change is awesome.

12. S3XY

S3XY Banned

Here's my rendition. Just took a simple tweak.

M3 Front.jpg

• Like x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Love x 2
  13. Kurt Foster

Not many videos of outside of this thing, so heres a shot:

• Love x 2
  14. Nozferat

Nozferat Member

No it's not. That car can be a hot-hatch...the Fit cannot. Where do you see a tall wagon in the Sway....I wonder.

Improvement? How? Name a reason why it's an improvement rather than merely saying so.

Aston Martin, Jag, and Maserati aren't known for modern, futuristic designs. They are known more for legacy-based stuff with freshening up. And frankly I don't see anything modern or futuristic about the 3's looks nor the Model S's. When I see an S on the road now, it looks odd, out of proportion, old, and dated.

15. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I like that, can we send it to Franz.

• Like x 2
  16. Dustman

Dustman Member

Your photoshop renditions are a huge improvement. Very disappointed in the visuals of this baby tesla. Looks better than the fugly X, but still no winner.

The S is so fantastic already, I expected far better than what was delivered the other night.

On the positive side....it's a lot better than any Chevy Bolt or Volt or Dolt.

• Like x 2
  17. Kurt Foster

They are probably making the logo designed like that to resemble the roadster, and if they are thats pretty cool and tesla like.

• Informative x 1
  18. Garlan Garner

The front end is growing on me. I suppose I might like the "non-grill" on the M6 as well.

Or...should this be a suggestion for the M3?

black-tesla-model-x-matte-black-mx5-2022-wheel-set-500x334.jpg

• Like x 2
  19. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Yeah. But unfortunately, with the shape of the hood, location of the headlights, and position of the badge, it reminds me too much of Porsche at a glance. Looks better than the Porsche... But I'd rather the badging were lower, and out front.

20. Garlan Garner

How bout this?

tsportline-black-tesla-model-s-Project-LBR-3-323x215_c.jpg

• Like x 1