Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We like it!
Model 3 Unveiled 3-31-16.png

Reactions: sundaymorning
It's not the lack of a grille or grille opening. It's the odd blunt profile of the very front. It's as if they had to cut the overall length of the car by 4 inches and blunted the front nose. There's a flat upward angle that just doesn't match the otherwise beautiful lines of the car.

There are profile lines just under the headlights. These lines should have been continued around the front, extending the front by a few inches into a more pointed or rounded profile.

What's frustrating to me is that every other line of the car is spot on.

Just slap some vinyl wrap on it or something (quick and bad PS job, but hopefully you get the idea):
LgTr9NW.jpg

EXACTLY! I am a modder and the front end is begging to be modded. Yes, slap some vinyl on there and be creative. Peal that piece of vinyl off when it gets cruddy and slap on another one. Peal the vinyl off to take it back to stock anytime you feel like it. Easy peasy.

I reserved mine today!!!!!!

Reactions: wallet.dat
Actually, I love the front. Butt, not so much. I do think they mated the S and X quite well to get the E.
Its like the S and X had S E X. Oh wait. That is what happened, isn't it.

This is much more like a Model S that I would have thought. Which, is a good thing!
Model Y next please.
I reserved two, thinking one Model 3 and one Model Y.
I'm still betting on the Y. Why? Y knot?

Reactions: Model 3
Some perspective:

Recall the Alpha Model S. It had a very plain front nose and the Tesla emblem was on the hood.

The production S was much more refined.

Now look at the picture above. See any pattern? Just sayin'.
True, I was also hoping for a
Some perspective:

Recall the Alpha Model S. It had a very plain front nose and the Tesla emblem was on the hood.

The production S was much more refined.

Now look at the picture above. See any pattern? Just sayin'.

True, I was also hoping for a much more prominent Tesla badge like the S. I want the world to know what I'm driving!

I think softening the upper edge of the front end might help make it seem less abrupt. I think that edge was meant to echo the hard edge/spoiler at the back, but it seems a bit too severe for the front. I have no problem with lack of grille or the side view of the front end. Everything else looks pretty damn good. I'm sure Franz will refine things here and there over the next 12 months. Can't wait to see the betas! 9/10 nice job, Tesla.

I know the iPhone analogies have been used ad nauseum, but think of when the first-generation iPhone was unveiled. It was far from "mainstream" now nearly every mobile phone looks like a variation of it.

not saying people not liking the front now wont come to get used to and like it, but, your iphone comment has the opposite effect on me. the iphone was different from everything else when it came out... but it looked very aesthetically pleasing to so many of us right from first sight.