Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that's the final nose at all. Remember how they hid the MX nose until the final release? I think we'll see a new front end when he does the second phase reveal. They are also probably still working on how/where to integrate all the sensors needed for AP2.0 as well - that could affect/slow the final design of the nose.

It's not the lack of a grille or grille opening. It's the odd blunt profile of the very front. It's as if they had to cut the overall length of the car by 4 inches and blunted the front nose. There's a flat upward angle that just doesn't match the otherwise beautiful lines of the car.
Think about how it's going to look when you put the front license plate, legally required in the vast majority of jurisdictions, on it. There's a reason for that shape. It'll look great with the license plate. Honestly they should have shown the cars off with the license plate attached.

And no, they can't make it curved, or put a logo there, or anything, because *there is going to be a license plate there*.

Think about how it's going to look when you put the front license plate, legally required in the vast majority of jurisdictions, on it. There's a reason for that shape. It'll look great with the license plate. Honestly they should have shown the cars off with the license plate attached.

And no, they can't make it curved, or put a logo there, or anything, because *there is going to be a license plate there*.

Sure they can make it curved and not so blunt. Many other cars do this today. Just look at the Tesla Roadster and Model S.

And I live in a state that doesn't have a front plate.

Other cars just have an add-on bracket that mounts the license plate. Yeah it looks crappy.

Renault_Floride_S,_Bj__1963.jpg
The nose of Model 3 reminds me of the Renault Floride of the 60's, I think it would look better with the Tesla 'T' badge similar to the one on the trunk of Model S. Haven't made up my mind if I like it but at some stage we have to get past faux grills.

Attachments

• Renault_Floride_S,_Bj__1963.jpg
    Renault_Floride_S,_Bj__1963.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 49
The aerodynamics are designed to remain aerodynamic with a front license plate. Unlike stupider car designs, where the front license plate adds lots and lots of drag and reduces your range. Really, Tesla made the right choice making a design which is "license plate friendly".

Reactions: 808?
Yes. Has a certain amphibious car look.

Maybe we should do away with front plates. With all the attention paid to drag and efficiency it would make a collective difference. I mean they're trying to do away with external rear view mirrors getting rid of these stupid flat front license plates would really help.

Yes. Has a certain amphibious car look.

Maybe we should do away with front plates. With all the attention paid to drag and efficiency it would make a collective difference. I mean they're trying to do away with external rear view mirrors getting rid of these stupid flat front license plates would really help.
Yeah, and since these cars can be connected to the internet I dont see why any licence plate is needed at all... Lol

Front looks great to me actually. Only worry is the glass roof (is that standard?) which I don't fancy especially as my eyes are extra sensitive to UV/Sunlight so I might just have a very strong tint on the roof.

Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Details in the design are not locked in yet. Model S prototype < Model S production, Model X proto < Model X prod. I doubt they won't refine/tweak the design till production starts.

As for personal opinion, i like it and i'll buy it in a heart beat. To me the nose and headlights looks more like a Corvette than a Panamera (not a bad thing).

Please please please please Tesla open a Service Center in Romania.

I started this thread because I'm seeing some posts and tweets that aren't raving. I can't say I hate it, but when I first saw it I didn't know what to think. I still don't know. It's not a deal breaker for me, I still want one when they are CPO's in 5-6 years. But, I'm a little, just a little, disappointed.

What!?

The front is awesome!

it is perfect!

It's great. I'm associating with Porsche and Ferrari.

+1

The Tesla emblem on the hood, the sporty dropping lines... perfect.

Reactions: AustinPowers
Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Details in the design are not locked in yet. Model S prototype < Model S production, Model X proto < Model X prod. I doubt they won't refine/tweak the design till production starts.

As for personal opinion, i like it and i'll buy it in a heart beat. To me the nose and headlights looks more like a Corvette than a Panamera (not a bad thing).

Please please please please Tesla open a Service Center in Romania.

Hey tomsky are you from Romania as well ? I am from Romania and I have placed a reservation at the exact moment they showed the the Model 3 on stage.
As for the Service Center in Romania, I can tell you they will open a service center/store in Romania once we have 100 cars registered in Romania.Currently we have about 30-40 Tesla's registered in Romania.By 2018 we will have more than 100 for sure, so no worries, we will have the SC/Store

Reactions: tomsky
I started this thread because I'm seeing some posts and tweets that aren't raving. I can't say I hate it, but when I first saw it I didn't know what to think. I still don't know. It's not a deal breaker for me, I still want one when they are CPO's in 5-6 years. But, I'm a little, just a little, disappointed.
front.jpg
its so modern people don't know what to think of it. My wife when she first saw it love the way the car looks and i love it too.

So this morning I looked at the press pics, and you know what, it looks decent, just not as good as an S. Think of it as the BMW 1 series, its a 3 which they squished thus making the roof higher. Almost the same thing happened here.