Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End... Hmmmmmm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about the picture on the left is a computer generated render from the website... the two pictures are at different angles with different reflections.
I still think they are the same. (reveal cars vs. release candidates, not sure about the website renders) I may turn out to be wrong, but I think you can't say definitively from these 2 pictures.

We shall see when more pictures come out.
what post in the thread of 980 posts are you referencing?

If it's different from the alphas or not is irrelevant (which I 100% believe the front edge has been dropped down - based on ALL the RC sighting photos). It is what it will be regardless.

I don't think any words are necessary

C9Aq8LgUAAAsDuQ.jpg:large

To be fair, this is the one render that looks wildly different and out of place compared to every single other picture and render of Model 3 on the internet. It almost looks like the duck lip is curving back up. That combined with the huge unrealistic shadow is what made this render so shocking to me when I first saw it. I haven't really noticed this "look" in any of the videos or other pics out there.

To be fair, this is the one render that looks wildly different and out of place compared to every single other picture and render of Model 3 on the internet. It almost looks like the duck lip is curving back up. That combined with the huge unrealistic shadow is what made this render so shocking to me when I first saw it. I haven't really noticed this "look" in any of the videos or other pics out there.
I'm sorry but the 3.31.16 picture looks exactly like the drawing in my opinion. The bottom of the duck bill ends at the fog lights. The hood crease is straight across the width of the duck bill ( parallel ) .

Now look at the blue PC. The bottom of the now soft duck bill ends on top of the fog lights. AND The hood crease is now round.

It really makes no difference as to the angle of the photo. I know a $100 bill no matter what angle you give me.

upload_2017-4-24_14-2-21.png

blue-tesla-model-3-spy-shot-515x306.jpg

I'm sorry but the 3.31.16 picture looks exactly like the drawing in my opinion. The bottom of the duck bill ends at the fog lights. The hood crease is straight across the width of the duck bill ( parallel ) .

Now look at the blue PC. The bottom of the now soft duck bill ends on top of the fog lights. AND The hood crease is now round.

It really makes no difference as to the angle of the photo. I know a $100 bill no matter what angle you give me.

View attachment 224257

blue-tesla-model-3-spy-shot-515x306.jpg
Oh I'm not arguing that the front hasn't changed--it certainly has. I'm just saying that using that particular render is misleading because it wasn't representative of what the alpha even looked like.

Reactions: AssortedBread

Exactly. The original alpha was photographed from all sorts of angles in all sorts of lighting, and in every single picture the crease of the duck bill visibly extended down to the fog lights. In none of the existing pictures of the release candidate does the crease do that, and it the picture of the blue one there is no shadow or reflection obscuring that portion and you can clearly see that the crease has changed.

Yeah, the front grille angst went away like the HUD and Alcantara and UI screen and suspension angst. Every model 3 angst (and there will be more) has a half life of about one month.
I wonder if there would still be angst about the front end if it still looked like Mick Jagger. I think they made the front look bad so people would buy the S instead of waiting for the 3. It was definitely a major factor in my decision to buy my Model S instead of waiting.

It would be cool if TST or someone created a new front bumper panel that had the same angularity as the alpha ones. If it was reasonably priced, I'd definitely pay to have mine swapped.

edit: I think I misunderstood and were meaning like someone had photoshopped, but guess you are meaning like the original "duck bill" front that was more angular and not softer like it is now.

Unplugged Performance already is, although will have some extra features in the lower part.
Unplugged-Performance-Front-Fascia-for-Tesla-Model-3_Render.jpg

Unplugged Performance | Tesla Model 3